November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Yes! Mine shook before hatching! :) One started shaking late night on lockdown and by the 19th, Yami, my black silkie was pipping and wanting out of that cramped egg. It happened so fast. o-o

fl.gif
Crossing my fingers for you! You are going to be soooooooooo HAPPY once you see that pip omg.
Thank you!! And yes I will! I literally screamed and jumped up and down when my broody hen hatched her first one last month!! lol I have definitely been bitten by the chick bug!! Love it!!

I think one of my Marans crosses from last week might not be OK internally. I don't think she can poop. She isn't growing like the others are, never has a full crop, chirps a lot, and now her abdomen looks distended and sticks out way past her bottom. I felt around her navel and it is hard as a rock and very large. I massaged it and though maybe she would poop but she didn't. I actually used a tiny syringe and tried flushing her vent a little bit in hopes that maybe if she was constipated it might help her out. So far nothing :/ She never stops chirping... I don't have high hopes.

I think one of my Marans crosses from last week might not be OK internally. I don't think she can poop. She isn't growing like the others are, never has a full crop, chirps a lot, and now her abdomen looks distended and sticks out way past her bottom. I felt around her navel and it is hard as a rock and very large. I massaged it and though maybe she would poop but she didn't. I actually used a tiny syringe and tried flushing her vent a little bit in hopes that maybe if she was constipated it might help her out. So far nothing
hmm.png
She never stops chirping... I don't have high hopes.

Poor lil' thing- I hope she pulls through for you! :(
hugs.gif

I think one of my Marans crosses from last week might not be OK internally. I don't think she can poop. She isn't growing like the others are, never has a full crop, chirps a lot, and now her abdomen looks distended and sticks out way past her bottom. I felt around her navel and it is hard as a rock and very large. I massaged it and though maybe she would poop but she didn't. I actually used a tiny syringe and tried flushing her vent a little bit in hopes that maybe if she was constipated it might help her out. So far nothing
hmm.png
She never stops chirping... I don't have high hopes.
hugs.gif
I really hope your little one improves soon!

Locking down the silkies tonight :celebrate I did a dry incubation in my Little Giant because I have learned that's what works best and they all have very nice air cells at last candle. I think 18 have made it to lockdown but we'll see when I do the final candle and pop them in!

Also, one of my brahmas and Peanut, the duckling, just finished going three rounds. It was nuts, but I had to let them settle it because separating them and putting them back together after a few minutes wasn't working. Peanut has a little cut above her eye and Paprika the brahma lost some feathers but they're finally done, exhausted, and sleeping curled up together. Ugh, I have never seen such serious dominance fighting in chicks and ducklings this young.

Back
Top Bottom