NPIP Certification for stealth chickens?

Nimby Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Oct 20, 2010
Central FL
I keep chickens in a normal neighborhood on the sly, with no roosters. I was thinking about entering Lemondrop, my beautiful mille fleur d'uccle pullet, into the upcoming Central Florida show. They require NPIP certification in order to enter.

I have heard that NPIP certs in FL are free, which is great. My question is, if they come to my house and test my birds, will I get turned in? Am I going to be listed on some kind of searchable database where I could be discovered? I do not breed anyway, just thought showing would be fun and I would like the experience. Keeping my birds is the priority and I do not want to risk it.

What do you guys think?

Here in New York, you can get just a few birds tested for shows. I, too, have the same concern.
I attended a show in Md last year, and the state tested him before the show. Depends I guess, on the show.
Contact them to see if there will be a tester on hand, or if they can direct you to them, to be tested before the show.
Always ask questions! And good luck!
You don't need the whole flock tested.

Quote:
You are not aloud to have chickens, right? I think at some shows they test on site. But it will only be good for that show since when you get home it will probably be placed back in the mix.

The wording on my city ordinances doesn't say they are allowed or disallowed. There is an absence of info, which was enough for me to get some girls. I'm sure if I annoyed a neighbor they would be just fine taking my girls away for some other ordinance violation, like noise.

Someone would first have to know where to look to see you listed there. I'd think it would be easier for such a nosy person to just look over the fence. I very much doubt a gov't worker is going to read that list and check up to be sure everyone that is NPIP certified has them where they are allowed.

Back
Top Bottom