NY chicken lover!!!!

I would Love to be stuck at home right now. Still working my normal shift, so I'm gone 8hrs a day 6 days a week. My coop is only 3/4's done, the weather hasn't been cooperating on the few hours I have free to work on it. And my chicks are getting BIG! :D

Hi All!
I have been browsing around for frizzled silkies to add to my flock and was wondering if anyone on here has hatching eggs? I live in the finger lakes area and would love to find some close by.

Well now, been taking walks regularly. Took a look see at my Nine barks that line the road. Some growth so that may be good.
Daffodils are all up. Tulips coming along. Lilacs too.
Something dug under the slab part of my house messing with the Hostas that are there. I expect a ground hog but haven't seen anything. Had seen one under the Purple Palace, but not of late.
Laid leftover roofing stuff down to the creek. The wild rose are rampant and I've got to do something to kill them. Those and Buckthorns. FYI early weeding can save a lot of headache.

Looking to prune the currants later today. I've no intention in making jelly but they would be nice if ever I sell this house. It would certainly make a nice Hobby Farm. At least a small one.

NOW FOR WHY I'M HERE. I NEED ADVICE ON PRUNERS. I WAS LOOKING AT LEE VALLEY RASPBERRY PRUNERS WHICH MAY MAKE DISPATCHING THE WILD ROSES EASIER TOO.

Dave came Saturday and started more seeds. He and I are a pretty good match at scrabble. lol. He lives with his mother. I told him no one likes the gay kids till the parents get old. I know a few gays who end up with the elderly parents. My niece and her girlfriend took care of my late sister in law. Not always of course but often enough. Probably because gays don't generally have kids. Funny now that I think of it my daughter in laws Aunt and her girlfriend dealt with her grandparents too. Just thinking out loud. I'm sure there are some here who are taking care of your parents. There has to be a special place in heaven for such people. Anyhow Dave is good company since my kids have to home school.

Call it what you want, but parents of kids are Home Schooling no matter how much the schools want them to believe. My daughter was beside herself with my grandson. He can't read so how is he going to use a computer with written instructions? You all have my sympathy.

Well that's it for now. Please let me know your thoughts on Pruners. I have some and they'r not good.

Well now I do know you can order Frizzle chicks.

BUT WHY I'M HERE. GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE "HOMESTEAD GURU" ON A SURVIVAL GARDEN. ANYONE INTO THAT?

IF YOU DID PLANT A SURVIVAL GARDEN WHAT WOULD YOU PLANT?

Saw someone selling fertilized frizzle eggs on Rochester Craigslist....I’m new to the board. Live east of Rochester. New to chickens...sort of. I would help my grandparents way back in the day but that was 30+ years ago...have some chicks coming next week and I’m super excited. Coop is almost finished, brooder is set up and awaiting its new inhabitants.

Back
Top Bottom