Occupy movement - I'm in the 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Canadian who looking at the Bank bail outs in the USA, ad things going on here..

It's troubling, in a city close to me... A high tec. company went under, filled for bankrupties.. The CEO's still made there million and some bounes, but the hard working people who gave all.. Their pension has been taken, we need laws in place to protect the little guy.. If a company goes bankrupt, how the heck can the CEO's get their bounus? It's just wrong...

So many things are in this world today..
I liked the states you put up, really only 30% of the population in the US has internet? Seems like such a small number..

Quote:
In that paragraph, I'm talking about a world perspective. Not sure what the percentage is in the US, but best figures I can find worldwide are about 30%.

14951_2.jpg

A veterans for Peace member (a former Marine - there is no such thing as an exMarine) was badly injured last night while wearing a T-shrt identifying himself as a vet for peace and with people carrying white flags trying to calm the situation.

Check out Occupy Marines. Or Occupy Police.

This is gonna get "interesting" here soon.

OWS... they don't even know what they stand for.

Tea Party... they have a general idea of what they stand for, but it's very inconsistent.

And people wonder why I'm such a pessimist.

For a species that can do so much (see my latest post on the "aliens" thread) we're pretty pathetic when it comes to ideals. There's actually (I kid you not) an "Occupy Greensboro" protest going on near where I live. To my knowledge, no major company is headquartered in Greensboro, nor is it a center of market activity. These people are accomplishing NOTHING, anything they do accomplish will likely make the situation WORSE, and as things stand right now, they're driving everyone else nuts.

I'm in the me%, thank you very much.

Quote:
Fantastic. Before, I was just annoyed by OWS. Now, I despise the movement. It is CLEARLY a bunch of Marxists. I have a sneaking suspicion that I could easily baffle most of them with the most basic of economic history questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom