OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

Both the girls I have have developed big bright combs and wattles and at least one is laying though I think they both are

Purpletie what kind of bantams?

Everyone please keep my flock in your thoughts and prayers we had a hawk here today and I'm missing a girl, Paisley, she could just be hiding. Idk. I didn't see if the hawk flew away with her or not but idk if the hawk could fly away with a large silver Laced wyandotte hen.

When a hawk got one of my chickens, another of my pullets hid for a long time. I was worried, but when I went to check after a while she was back from wherever she was hiding. I hope yours is okay.

Bout 90% complete with new coop. Hope everyone's egg are setting good.

Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that Paisley was in the coop at night check tonight. Idk where she was but I'm very very glad she's home. I will be keeping a close on the girls for a few days. Thank you all for your well wishes and your prayers. I feel like I won't really believe it until I see her again tomorrow. :)

Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that Paisley was in the coop at night check tonight. Idk where she was but I'm very very glad she's home. I will be keeping a close on the girls for a few days. Thank you all for your well wishes and your prayers. I feel like I won't really believe it until I see her again tomorrow.
smile.png

Glad to hear that! It's nerve wracking when they disappear like that.

Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that Paisley was in the coop at night check tonight. Idk where she was but I'm very very glad she's home. I will be keeping a close on the girls for a few days. Thank you all for your well wishes and your prayers. I feel like I won't really believe it until I see her again tomorrow. :)
Good to know. Had a rir spook, she popped out of the blackberry brambles the next morning looking for food

Did day 10 candle and of the the 32 eggs I set 25 are thriving. Of those 16 are from my own girls and 9 I got from a local farmer.

On another note I acquired 2 silkies from a local small animal sell today. They are 6 months old and I hope by spring I can set some of their eggs.

This was the first time for my broodies, too.  They are only 6 months old! They were sharing the eggs, too.  

We kept having to take one or other of them off to treat them for mites, so it was really great to have the other one there to sit on the eggs while we took care of one of the moms.  

They are really calm and easygoing, too.  They let us pet the chicks with no problem.  Right now they are in a separate broody coop but I hope they will do a good job protecting their chicks from the big hens when the time comes.

Good luck with your two broodies;  hope it works out great for you too! What eggs are you hatching?

My Silkie hens are laying on Silkie eggs :)

Back
Top Bottom