OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

Oooh what color silkies did you get? I have three white(1?, 1 roo, 1 pullet), 1 buff that everyone says based on comb is a roo but acts more like a pullet, 1 stunning partridge roo, and a splash pullet. I can't wait to try hatching some of their eggs this next year. I'm hoping to get a few more pullets and depending on the sex of the last white one may sell one or two.

Oooh what color silkies did you get? I have three white(1?, 1 roo, 1 pullet), 1 buff that everyone says based on comb is a roo but acts more like a pullet, 1 stunning partridge roo, and a splash pullet. I can't wait to try hatching some of their eggs this next year. I'm hoping to get a few more pullets and depending on the sex of the last white one may sell one or two.

Chickendreams, I have 3 hens. Buff, black, and white. I had a beautiful Partridge roo but had to re-home him since I can't keep roos where I live. The fertilized eggs I bought for my girls are from black and white silkie parents. I wonder what my chances are of getting a splash chick?

Yes a hen and a roo. The hen is black and the roo is mixed in color I'll post pics tomorrow. I've always thought they were beautiful but never had the opportunity to have them b4 now.
Fingers crossed for both of us on a spring silky hatch!
1f423.png

Thanks congratulations on them they're great and so sweet my buff especially is my baby. Follows me around like a puppy I really think that there is something odd about him/her. It holds its tail lower even than the known pullets and is the smallest and today with the hawk the buff one had the safest spot in the pile I'm just not convinced it a roo. Theyre all the same age. My other two obvious roos have crowed the buff has not. Idk I'm just glad we don't have laws about roosters BC I'm keeping him/her either way. Ginger if she lays Gilligan if he crows lol

Thanks congratulations on them they're great and so sweet my buff especially is my baby. Follows me around like a puppy I really think that there is something odd about him/her. It holds its tail lower even than the known pullets and is the smallest and today with the hawk the buff one had the safest spot in the pile I'm just not convinced it a roo. Theyre all the same age. My other two obvious roos have crowed the buff has not. Idk I'm just glad we don't have laws about roosters BC I'm keeping him/her either way. Ginger if she lays Gilligan if he crows lol

Lol love the name choices, remebered I had pics on my husband phone taken this morning shortly after we got them. We named them fluff and tuff

Tuff

Fluff

Perhaps it doesn't show up well in the pictures but are the silkie feathered the almost don't look like it? Sorry then again four of my 6 have pretty large crests and massive amounts of fluff.

Our splash is named Lovey and the white pullet is Mary Anne :)

Everyone please keep my flock in your thoughts and prayers we had a hawk here today and I'm missing a girl, Paisley, she could just be hiding. Idk. I didn't see if the hawk flew away with her or not but idk if the hawk could fly away with a large silver Laced wyandotte hen.

The only ones I have seen the Hawks up here not be able to handle are my Jersey Giants. I had a Bald Eagle try to get one and drop it about 10 ft up in the air.

Back
Top Bottom