Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—What's Your Hobby?

Pics
I like to do a little 3D printing. It's fun to be able to print out things you might need or just happen to be cool. It's even more rewarding when you can design and it actually works.

There are many designs available online; a good number of them are free of charge Like the design below that I got from a website called Thingiverse. All you need is a computer, a 3D printer (which are getting less expensive all the time), the material needed to make the object, and, sometimes, the patience of a saint.

There are some who never have any problems or adjustments with their 3D printers. I really hate those guys. I've found that there is a lot of adjustments and tinkering that goes into making good prints, but for me, that's fun. You learn a lot that way.

I would like to ask our artist members to seriously look into designing printable 3D objects. Fantasy figurines are a big segment of the 3D printing community, and I'd love to see more warrior chicken designs.
3D Chicken.JPG

I like to do a little 3D printing. It's fun to be able to print out things you might need or just happen to be cool. It's even more rewarding when you can design and it actually works.

There are many designs available online; a good number of them are free of charge Like the design below that I got from a website called Thingiverse. All you need is a computer, a 3D printer (which are getting less expensive all the time), the material needed to make the object, and, sometimes, the patience of a saint.

There are some who never have any problems or adjustments with their 3D printers. I really hate those guys. I've found that there is a lot of adjustments and tinkering that goes into making good prints, but for me, that's fun. You learn a lot that way.

I would like to ask our artist members to seriously look into designing printable 3D objects. Fantasy figurines are a big segment of the 3D printing community, and I'd love to see more warrior chicken designs.
3D Chicken.JPG
Very cool! @BantyChooks, @beluga3858, & @Nifty-Chicken, check it out!

View attachment 2968113
AWESOME! What's the link to the STL? What printer do you have?

I've had a CR-10 for about 4 years and just got an Ender-3 V2 (posted on my other site here: https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...keep-upgrade-something-else.15146/post-133006 )

AWESOME! What's the link to the STL? What printer do you have?

I've had a CR-10 for about 4 years and just got an Ender-3 V2 (posted on my other site here: https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...keep-upgrade-something-else.15146/post-133006 )
This is one of the three models at : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:479761 If you type "chicken" into the thingiverse search engine, you get a lot of those chicken arm things like the photo as well:

I hope the photo isn't too offensive; it's just the only one that shows how chicken arms are used. Nevertheless, I'll bet some of my chickens are doing the chicken equivalent of flipping me off when my back is turned.

I've got an Ender 3 pro, a Tenlog Hands 2 and we just got an Anycubic Photon 4 resin printer. The Ender 3 requires a lot of adjusting, but it generally works in the end. The Hands 2 (which is an idex dual extruder printer) needs some babying right now, but it worked like a champ when we first got it. So far, I've only printed a test print on the resin printer, which seemed to come out ok, but the wash and cure kit for it we got at the same time needed a new power cord, so I haven't done anything else on it yet until I can get the wash and cure running.

Do you know of any other 3D printing people on Backyard Chickens? Maybe we can start a thread.

Attachments

• chicken fingers.JPG
    chicken fingers.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
This is one of the three models at : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:479761 If you type "chicken" into the thingiverse search engine, you get a lot of those chicken arm things like the photo as well:

I hope the photo isn't too offensive; it's just the only one that shows how chicken arms are used. Nevertheless, I'll bet some of my chickens are doing the chicken equivalent of flipping me off when my back is turned.

I've got an Ender 3 pro, a Tenlog Hands 2 and we just got an Anycubic Photon 4 resin printer. The Ender 3 requires a lot of adjusting, but it generally works in the end. The Hands 2 (which is an idex dual extruder printer) needs some babying right now, but it worked like a champ when we first got it. So far, I've only printed a test print on the resin printer, which seemed to come out ok, but the wash and cure kit for it we got at the same time needed a new power cord, so I haven't done anything else on it yet until I can get the wash and cure running.

Do you know of any other 3D printing people on Backyard Chickens? Maybe we can start a thread.
There’s a few peeps around that enjoy 3D printing…..i use them mostly for work but DS1 prints fun stuff at the house for me sometimes (like cookie cutters, Christmas ornaments etc)

Make a thread and they will come!!!! 😆

Back
Top Bottom