Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - "WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
My hobby is to take pictures of my birds even though they are not very good I tried, these are just a few
IMG_20180323_191057.jpg

upload_2017-5-29_10-14-43.png

IMG_20180527_170903.jpg

Hobby: 1

My hobby is training horses.

I buy horses that aren't being used and sitting out in pastures going to waste. Then I work on riding them, teaching them to be respectful to their owners, lunging, trailering, desensitizing them to whips, plastic bags, traffic dogs etc. Them I match them up with people that are looking for good family horses!

I have 3 horses:
Lightning, Savvy, and Sunshine.

(Lightning)

Breed: Grade
Height: 15.1 hands
Color: Palomino
Info: I purchased, Lightning, as a green broke horse 7 months ago. He had not been ridden in about 4 years and spooked at everything!:th
He would bolt while I was leading him and needed a TON of work at turning! I started him with direct reining them I slowly introduced neck reining, since I ride western of course! Now he's just about BOMB PROOF!
:celebrate A 4 year old has ridden him by herself. He's absolutely an amazing horse!
DSC02682 (3).JPG

I taught him to smile.
00V0V_98mrBP9JHK8_1200x900.jpg

Riding bareback

00p0p_gQHIBWVleJz_1200x900.jpg

Learning to bow!

(Savvy)
Breed: Quarter Horse
Height: 14.3 hands
Color: Sorrel
She was pretty well broke when I got her. All I had to teach her was how to neck rein, she would just direct rein. Savvy is a super sweet mare!

dsc00191-2-jpg.1574884
Me jumping, Savvy.
dsc05495-jpg.1574957

Grazing in the pasture

(Sunshine)
Breed: Unknown
Height: 12 1/2 hands
Info: Sunshine is a great kid pony! She's very calm, easy to ride, A 5 year old has been to playdays, trails etc. on her. I bought her about 2 months ago.

dsc08623-2-jpg.1574904

These are my personal horses that I am keeping Forever!

Bo, :loveis the last horse I trained and sold to a family.
Height: About 15 hands
Breed: Grade
Info: Bo, was such a joy to train! She learned everything so quickly and was very eager to please! She needed work on trailering, loping when asked, riding with a bit etc. But she picked up on everything I taught her so fast!
The owners are actually using her to give horseback riding lessons to kids! I'm so happy she has a great home!:love
dsc03843-2-jpg.1574980

dsc02266-jpg.1574984

DSC03837.JPG

Some of my horse training pictures.
DSC00720 (2).JPG

DSC00721 (5)_LI.jpg
(Breeze) She had a attitude....
DSC04636 (2).JPG
But she really improved over time!

Pistol, in training to become a kid horse!
DSC07993 (2).JPG

Peaches, in training
DSC07865 (2).JPG

It took me 3 hours to teach Bo, to load in a 2 horse straight trailer, but after she finally got in she loved it in there!

DSC02236 (2).JPG

I really love working with these amazing animals! They can be challenging at times but once they start to trust and understand you, they really are very intelligent! I love horses !

Last edited:
Ok... I make jewelry

Wire weaving usually stones without holes called Cabochons.
laboradorite and silver colored wire front
Back

This is a bead of black Aggate

Tree of life no stone

Tree of life Terquoise Cabochon front
back

Jasper bead in aged copper

Blue flash Laboradorite Cabochon in Red coated copper wire... First necklace just did this one recently

one i made two days ago as a going away present... Grade B Laboradorite Bead Sliver coated wire... The fram is hammered and textured... My camera work still needs work... LOL

Haven't had to much hobby time, since my daughter was born(now 4).

Hobbies
sax
embedded systems/robotics
reading
scifi - reading and movies
gardening

play sax (tenor, barri, soprano and clarinet) - love Jazz. Love the smooth warm tone of barri and tenor sax

one hobby a few years back became work at the time - embedded systems (small computer plus electronics) / robotics
even worked on the robotics for an intel advert

making of video
(I have a couple of very brief cameo's)
Did most of the 3d printing(a friend did the design) and assembly.
Setting up the midi control and the wiring for it, the pneumatics for the instrument(tuba). The drums used solenoids.

First and last time I'll ever work for an advertising agency - had to reskin (print and cut the plastic sheets) the robot and arms/fingers at least 6 times to get the right shade of white (currently work for Amazon)

Haven't had to much hobby time, since my daughter was born(now 4).

Hobbies
sax
embedded systems/robotics
reading
scifi - reading and movies
gardening

play sax (tenor, barri, soprano and clarinet) - love Jazz. Love the smooth warm tone of barri and tenor sax

one hobby a few years back became work at the time - embedded systems (small computer plus electronics) / robotics
even worked on the robotics for an intel advert

making of video
(I have a couple of very brief cameo's)
Did most of the 3d printing(a friend did the design) and assembly.
Setting up the midi control and the wiring for it, the pneumatics for the instrument(tuba). The drums used solenoids.

First and last time I'll ever work for an advertising agency - had to reskin (print and cut the plastic sheets) the robot and arms/fingers at least 6 times to get the right shade of white (currently work for Amazon)
Really good work! It's a bit beyond my skill set though! :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom