Official BYC Poll: Which of These White Chicken Breeds Do You Have?

Which of These White Chicken Breeds Do You Have?

• White Leghorn

Votes: 75 37.5%
  • Rhode Island White

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • White Silkie

Votes: 60 30.0%
  • Araucana

• Sultan

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Bresse

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Yokohama

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Hamburg

• White Frizzle

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • White Sussex

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • White Rock

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • White Wyandotte

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • White Jersey Giant

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • California White

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • White Ameraucana Chicken

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 84 42.0%

• Total voters
ā€˜Tila is doing just fine! Weā€™ve gotten down to -26F outside (+3F in the coop, using two Sweeter Heater units above the roost). Temps have been staying +10F to -15F. She gives us an egg 5-6 days a week. No sign of frostbite. Sheā€™s active and happy. We do keep our flock confined to the coop on days when the temperature is <10F, they have a covered and ā€œshower curtainedā€ run open to them when the temp is >10F. We have three Easter Eggers, a dark Brahma, a black copper Marans, a Welsummer, a Faverolles, and a porcelain Sabelpoot roo. ā€˜Tila usually roosts on the end at night, we donā€™t see her trying to snuggle in to stay warm. Iā€™ll run out and take a quick snapshot of herā€¦itā€™s 5.30pm here now and theyā€™ve gone to bed.
While your mileage may vary, weā€™ve been very pleased with our silkie dealing with the frigid temps and being a part of a flock of standard sized birds. šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»
Good to know- thank you. I will need to take silkies into consideration.

Wow I just realized I dont have any pure white chickens right now. I had a white silky that died a few months ago, and some other pure white birds in the past. Right now I have a light Brahma and two splash ameraucanas. I also have a white pigeon but that doesn't count.

F5301007-363F-4E7C-A70A-58D32F94EF59.jpeg

Dotty the Bantam of course!

Back
Top Bottom