Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

I've been getting annoyed at the calls I've been getting lately. I'm selling our registered Jersey cow. Bred back to registered bull. Asking 1100.00 for her. Had a guy call and say "My neighbors said they'd pay 800.00 for a jersey cow." I said "Well, I hope they find one." And hung up.
I think your response was perfect. If they don't want to pay, then they should not have called. "My friend said..." Is the oldest line there is. Yeah, my friends always have a line on something really cheap AFTER I buy something. But never BEFORE. Uh-huh.

Quote:
Buying chicken feed is a new idea. There are other/older/better ways to raise livestock.

You beat me to that answer.

At least we agree on something....

chickens...
as far as we know they could live across the street from a grocery store that throws out all "slightly dented" veggies from the produce department and they know they have the time now to figure out the pattern of dumpster runs/garbage truck pickup..... (and I hope they do because depending on where the stuff lands, how it's packaged they might even find human grade food to eat out of the dumpster)..... trust me years of food service, grocery store and retail work tells me how wastefull we are as a nation....

Quote:
Buying chicken feed is a new idea. There are other/older/better ways to raise livestock.

You beat me to that answer.

At least we agree on something....

chickens...
as far as we know they could live across the street from a grocery store that throws out all "slightly dented" veggies from the produce department and they know they have the time now to figure out the pattern of dumpster runs/garbage truck pickup..... (and I hope they do because depending on where the stuff lands, how it's packaged they might even find human grade food to eat out of the dumpster)..... trust me years of food service, grocery store and retail work tells me how wastefull we are as a nation....

+ 100 on the wasteful.

I think your response was perfect. If they don't want to pay, then they should not have called. "My friend said..." Is the oldest line there is. Yeah, my friends always have a line on something really cheap AFTER I buy something. But never BEFORE. Uh-huh.

Terry's still laughing about it. I handle all sales, because I have a higher BS tolerance than he does...but after a week of crap, I'm pretty well over it. They can pay what I want or I'll take her to Florida with us. Makes me no difference.

I can relate. :/

Ram @ Stud "Hair" Sheep - $95
The stud Ram is 25% Mouflon, 75%Katadin. .. Selling for less than half his value..$95. .
. Pick up only.... please call xxx-xxxx speak Clean Clear English PLEASE...
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Quote:
3Gd3Me3J55L65E95Hed1ld3963a95b4811fc7.jpg
A classic vending machine from 1981. Insert a quarter and it spits out an egg with surprise. Light works. Make a great Christmas present and would look cool in your game room or restaurant lobby. I also have an electric talking Flintstone Lucky Dino Egg Machine. I want $250 for that. Eggs not included.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd buy that if I was there in a heart beat.
I just saw one of these on American Restoration (or something)
Too bad I didn't pay attention to it. I don't usually watch that show.
CG

Cute description of the box.

http://york.craigslist.org/zip/3588421035.html

Quote:
Heart shaped box. Just in time for Valentine's Day! Have you been trying to think of the best way to give your heart to that special someone? Well, nothing demonstrates a cold, hard, wooden heart quite like a heart shaped box!

If you remove a pin it swivels open revealing a hidden compartment; perfect for storing drugs, lies, broken promises and broken dreams!

Back
Top Bottom