Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

X4 on the cutting horse! I grew up on a ranch and have broken horses to ride. My favorite riding horse as a teen was a half blind paint who would occasionally break out bucking for no reason other than high spirits. I never had any trouble staying on him or any other horse...until I decided to ride my cousin's cutting horse one day. About 10 minutes in, the horse went left and I'm pretty sure I hovered above thin air which a fraction of a second before had contained a horse, before falling on my butt.

Is there a wall around I can bang my head into? I am on my iPad so I can't post the smily guy to do it for me.

I posted a nice bed frame with leather headboard on CL. I had 5 people respond in about three hours so I took the add down and made a three person wait list figuring one of the first three would buy it.

First one stopped responding when I couldn't drop everything and meet him that night right then. The phrase, 'when my husband gets home' seemed to put him off. The second had to reschedule coming over twice then realized she wouldn't have the money to buy until payday the next week. So I put her on 'hold' and moved to the third gal who rescheduled three times and then gave up. Back to lady #2 (payday had hit in the midst of this) and she comes over and loves it! But the ad said 'buyer picks up' and she arrived in this teeny tiny little two door coupe. By this time DH and I were so tired of the run around we ended up delivering it to her two days later for an extra $10.

Good grief that was a lot of fuss for one bed frame... What gets me the worst is that it was a full size bed frame and she came in a car maybe a hair bigger than a Mini Cooper! How was she thinking she was going to get it home???

I had a similar CL experience. I listed chickens for sale and had someone explode my text inbox with questions that were clearly answered in the ad. How much are they? How old are they? What breed are they? Duh! Read the ad. After exercising my patience this guy indicates he would like to purchase two. Great - then he goes - um can you deliver them? Grrrr - at this point I should have told him to pound sand, clearly you are too dumb to own chickens. However I humored this idiot and asked where he lives. He actually lived in an area that is on the way to where I was going the following morning. I tell him I can deliver them tomorrow at 9 am as I would be there anyway. Then the kicker - um I work, could you come by at 3:30? I lose it - holler at the text screen, take a Valium and advise this rocket scientist to find other chickens. Some people...

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Honest, Kristin! I am NOT stalking you!
tongue2.gif

Hehe good luck! Words of wisdom from my husband, "you can't fix stupid."

If it appears there is an idiot on the other side of the conversation, then just move on.

Back
Top Bottom