Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Here's one on here that I'm not sure how to respond (Not that I'm going to engage them)

has craigslist gone crazy (missouri)

How is it a day old pullet chick avg 2.25 from a hatchery. It takes avg of 34 pounds of feed (avg cost 8.25 for 34#) and ppl on here are asking $15.00 each for 4 month old pullets. How much profit they trying to make? 7.00 for a baby duck? How ignorant is it going to get on here.....

Obviously, they aren't taking into consideration: heating, housing, labor hauling water/feed/shavings (in & out of the brooder/coop) and I'm sure there's other "hidden" cost that I'm forgetting. And that's assuming they bought the chick at the feed store...I'm sure someone selling the 4 month old pullet had that pullet start as an egg that they incubated (and raised the mama & papa).

CG
Simple response..

Quote:

I bet that was hard to steel a chicken coop in day light trying not to be seen!!!!
hide.gif

It is a way of getting around the Craigslist email address hiding system. After a person answers they will start getting a lot of spam...

That is the really odd part though.  I used my real address in the ad because I had to change my address with CL but they kept sending to the old account.  My email would freeze and stop me from responding so until they fixed it I just put my address in.  :confused:   
So they HAVE my address.

It's software and can't tell the difference. It just sniffs out the email addresses from a particular list of domains, supplies the list of email addresses it gets to another program that sends out the phishing emails.

Quote: It's software and can't tell the difference. It just sniffs out the email addresses from a particular list of domains, supplies the list of email addresses it gets to another program that sends out the phishing emails.

What would happen if you could respond with the AG's address? Aren't there programs that let you input a fake email address?

Back
Top Bottom