Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

I posted this Friday.
Quote:

1995 Ford Mustang. This is not a show car. It could use being painted an it has a few dents but it is mechanically sound. It runs, drives an sounds great. Other than needing new back tires, I would trust it to drive anywhere.

To get it ready to sell I found a matching set of 17 inch mustang wheels for it. I put two brand new tires on the front of it. It still needs the back two replaced an shorter lug nuts on the back so you can put the center caps on. I replaced the idler pulley that was showing age an also the water pump was replaced at the same time. I also flushed an filled the radiator with new antifreeze like I do everything this time of year. I also had the oil changed when I had the new tires put on.

I have put several hundred dollars in to it making sure it was ready to sell so the price is firm. If I had the money it would have got two new back tires too.

This is not a car for a unskilled driver. This car as no problem destroying a set of back tires. Someone built it to be very fast. It had a 4.11 rear axle in it when we got it an was almost undrivable on the road. We still have it an it can go with it if you want it but we changed it out with a 3.27 rear axle. It is still extremely fast. It will boil the back tires off of it if you want it too. You have to drive it like you have an egg under your right foot to keep it from drifting around corners. For a skilled driver it is one of the best cars you will probably ever drive but it will get an unskilled driver killed in a hurry. I would rather it not be me that ends up wrapping it around a tree so I am selling it....
Notice the bold part..... The second person to respond asked for my number only to text me as ask what my "bottom dolor" was "cash." When I responded with $2500 he was done talking....

So last night I posted this ad.
Quote:

Good CJ7. 304 V8 Automatic. Hard top an hard doors. This jeep has the best body I have ever seen on a unrestored CJ. Very little if any rust on the body. Power steering leaks an the wiring need redone eventually but it runs an drives good now an everything that is needed to be street legal works. 4X4 works great too. It has dual Jerry cans mounted on the back.

This has been may daily driver for almost a year but I could use money for new toys that can hall a bigger trailer. Price is firm. For anything less I would rather keep it an sell something else.

Again notice the bold again....

Today I get this..
Quote:

I could sell the top an doors for $2000 an keep the Jeep... Non running rust buckets sell for more than $2000...

I posted this Friday.
Quote:

1995 Ford Mustang. This is not a show car. It could use being painted an it has a few dents but it is mechanically sound. It runs, drives an sounds great. Other than needing new back tires, I would trust it to drive anywhere.

To get it ready to sell I found a matching set of 17 inch mustang wheels for it. I put two brand new tires on the front of it. It still needs the back two replaced an shorter lug nuts on the back so you can put the center caps on. I replaced the idler pulley that was showing age an also the water pump was replaced at the same time. I also flushed an filled the radiator with new antifreeze like I do everything this time of year. I also had the oil changed when I had the new tires put on.

I have put several hundred dollars in to it making sure it was ready to sell so the price is firm. If I had the money it would have got two new back tires too.

This is not a car for a unskilled driver. This car as no problem destroying a set of back tires. Someone built it to be very fast. It had a 4.11 rear axle in it when we got it an was almost undrivable on the road. We still have it an it can go with it if you want it but we changed it out with a 3.27 rear axle. It is still extremely fast. It will boil the back tires off of it if you want it too. You have to drive it like you have an egg under your right foot to keep it from drifting around corners. For a skilled driver it is one of the best cars you will probably ever drive but it will get an unskilled driver killed in a hurry. I would rather it not be me that ends up wrapping it around a tree so I am selling it....
Notice the bold part..... The second person to respond asked for my number only to text me as ask what my "bottom dolor" was "cash." When I responded with $2500 he was done talking....

So last night I posted this ad.
Quote:

Good CJ7. 304 V8 Automatic. Hard top an hard doors. This jeep has the best body I have ever seen on a unrestored CJ. Very little if any rust on the body. Power steering leaks an the wiring need redone eventually but it runs an drives good now an everything that is needed to be street legal works. 4X4 works great too. It has dual Jerry cans mounted on the back.

This has been may daily driver for almost a year but I could use money for new toys that can hall a bigger trailer. Price is firm. For anything less I would rather keep it an sell something else.

Again notice the bold again....

Today I get this..
Quote:

I could sell the top an doors for $2000 an keep the Jeep... Non running rust buckets sell for more than $2000...

If I had the money to buy and the time to drive to GA I would get that Jeep from you, very reasonably priced, and with winter coming on here in the cold north I could turn a profit on it in 1-3 months when we get a couple of snows if I wanted to sell and not hold.....

Yea, I think I priced it on the low end. I want it to sell quick. I am still making a profit but that was cause I took a chance on it when I got it. It had been siting for 5 years an the owner had lost the keys. I payed $2k for it not knowing if anything was any good. I assumed I could part it out at the least. More than one person offered to buy it from me the day I came home with it though. I put a new switch in it an it fired up, ran an drove fine. I have been driving it sense November put less than $500 in work in to it in that time.

I though about driving both to Ohio an let my family sell them up there for me for a little more but its not worth it to me. That would take time.

I do know a few people that make good money buying rust free cars down here to hall north an sell then turn around an buy rust buckets up north an hall the engines south to sell here.

BIG Price DROP PRICE IS FIRM and subject to change. First great home gets her. Twearl is an amazingly beautiful double registered Welsh Cob and Pinto/Arabian. With a beautiful head, perfect type, correct conformation, and lithe graceful movement this rich colored mare stands out wherever she goes. Twearl was born in 2000 and she has 'proven' herself as a superior broodmare with two exceptional foals. We are retaining her three yr old filly and her colt is now in dressage training and will be showing next spring. He is doing very well. Twearl leads well , hauls, bathes, grooms, trims and has been wormed on a regular schedule. Twearl had 30 days under saddle spring of 2014 and was coming along with a walk trot and canter in the round ring but very green due to trust issues. She has improved and we have decided it best to do more ground work to develop her trust before going back under saddle. Needing an experienced trainer/rider and miles under her saddle Twearl responds well with a good horse person who can see her needs. With an experienced and loving hand she does well and will do better with consistent hands on work. This is a steal for such a well bred and gorgeous mare. I will be picky to see that she goes into the right home. Twearl is and always has been sound and healthy. Pictures of her and of herself, her sire North Forks Black Earl (Welsh Cob)and her offspring, (Swearl and Bravo). This is a long line of royally bred beautiful pinto Arabians and Welsh Cob bloodlines.

Where do I even start? How bout the first line--big price drop, price is firm and subject to change? Seriously? contradicting yourself three times in the same sentence must be some kind of record. Then the horse herself...she's a 14 year old mixed breed unridable mare. Oh, she's pretty enough, but the auction is full of pretty mares. She's black and white, yep, auction is full of them. Apparently she's 'proven' herself by giving birth....really, not such a distinguishing feature for a female animal. I have cats that have 'proven' themselves many more times than this mare. Did I mention the auction houses are full of mares that have given birth? I'm only surprised they're not selling her bred. Sorry for the rant, but with the market glutted on horses right now, I hate to see anyone selling a horse like this as a broodmare. She's basically worthless, and her babies will be basically worthless. But you know someone will buy her and churn out a few more foals from her.....

And sorry, but I just don't get the whole "trust issues' thing with horses. Owned horses 30+ years and never had "trust issues". They've had this mare at least 3 years, what kind of "trust issues" could she possibly still have?

Last edited:

BIG Price DROP PRICE IS FIRM and subject to change. First great home gets her. Twearl is an amazingly beautiful double registered Welsh Cob and Pinto/Arabian. With a beautiful head, perfect type, correct conformation, and lithe graceful movement this rich colored mare stands out wherever she goes. Twearl was born in 2000 and she has 'proven' herself as a superior broodmare with two exceptional foals. We are retaining her three yr old filly and her colt is now in dressage training and will be showing next spring. He is doing very well. Twearl leads well , hauls, bathes, grooms, trims and has been wormed on a regular schedule. Twearl had 30 days under saddle spring of 2014 and was coming along with a walk trot and canter in the round ring but very green due to trust issues. She has improved and we have decided it best to do more ground work to develop her trust before going back under saddle. Needing an experienced trainer/rider and miles under her saddle Twearl responds well with a good horse person who can see her needs. With an experienced and loving hand she does well and will do better with consistent hands on work. This is a steal for such a well bred and gorgeous mare. I will be picky to see that she goes into the right home. Twearl is and always has been sound and healthy. Pictures of her and of herself, her sire North Forks Black Earl (Welsh Cob)and her offspring, (Swearl and Bravo). This is a long line of royally bred beautiful pinto Arabians and Welsh Cob bloodlines.

Where do I even start? How bout the first line--big price drop, price is firm and subject to change? Seriously? contradicting yourself three times in the same sentence must be some kind of record. Then the horse herself...she's a 14 year old mixed breed unridable mare. Oh, she's pretty enough, but the auction is full of pretty mares. She's black and white, yep, auction is full of them. Apparently she's 'proven' herself by giving birth....really, not such a distinguishing feature for a female animal. I have cats that have 'proven' themselves many more times than this mare. Did I mention the auction houses are full of mares that have given birth? I'm only surprised they're not selling her bred. Sorry for the rant, but with the market glutted on horses right now, I hate to see anyone selling a horse like this as a broodmare. She's basically worthless, and her babies will be basically worthless. But you know someone will buy her and churn out a few more foals from her.....

And sorry, but I just don't get the whole "trust issues' thing with horses. Owned horses 30+ years and never had "trust issues". They've had this mare at least 3 years, what kind of "trust issues" could she possibly still have?

She won't trust you not to beat the sinus drainage (BYC rules say I can't use the word I want here so I put in the "sanitized" version) from her for no reason, Also she more than likely had a bad vet and ferrior also has went days at a time from time to time without food and or water, kept in living conditions rats wouldn't approve of. that would be my guess.....

pitcher Rare bread

00r0r_gE1c0wS4d6S_600x450.jpg

One year old puppy I'm moving out state poty train good with kids love people anda protector

Oh dear
lau.gif

OK, so I live in Aus but what is a Pitcher? Is that supposed to be Pincher (as in Doberman?) are Pincher's rare? I think someone forgot to tell the Pinchers that. Or, are we talking about a 'picture' of a rare breed which we are not going to share the name of .. lol

One year old puppy? Puppy????

Poty train .. now this is where my Aussieness may be my downfall but is that not supposed to be house trained? If it is poty, even my Aussieness tells me it needs 2 x 't's. Forgive me if it is potty trained and not house trained in the US, but I just have visions of this Pitcher sitting on a potty! lol

If it is "good with kids" and "loves people" who is it "protecting" you from? Does it love the people to death?

Back
Top Bottom