Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

I can only say, proofread, proofread, proofread!

Beautiful Serama Chicks - $10 (Lexington)

00909_iLylhG6E4vL_600x450.jpg

Selling some beautiful serama chicks. I have some that are 6 weeks old, 4 weeks, and 2 weeks. Various beautiful colors. 10 dollars each. Price will increase with age. Attacked are pictures of the parents /breeding stock.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/grd/5527823603.html

6 Weeks old and laying like crazy? I gotta get me some of these birds.

Freedom Ranger Chickens need gone ASAP (Pittsburgh)

01111_7wxwhTS6Sh1_600x450.jpg

Hello, Im looking to get rid of 5 Freedom ranger chickens. They are now 6 weeks old, and have been laying a substantial amount of eggs for this old. Due to the fact that there was an emergency vacation planned, I will not be around the farm long enough to care for the chicks. If anyone is interested please contact me ASAP at show contact info Im leaving on saturday and need these chicks gone!!
Thank you,
Bryan

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/zip/5546371071.html

Cream Legbar Roosters - $15 (El Paso, WI)
< >
00z0z_ig3dhBNKTlh_600x450.jpg

I have 2 CCL roosters that will be 1 yr this summer, in need of home(s). These 2 brothers get along with each other, at least for now. I was planning on doing some hatching this year, but I think I've got too much else on my plate and should thin my rooster population. Hate to butcher these guys. Cross them on your brown egg layers to get green egg laying pullets!
I also have a CCL cross rooster, also from last years hatch. He got himself exempt from the butcher list by being such a sweetheart. When he was a chick he loved being held and rocked to sleep. Still a nice boy...be a great rooster to have around kids.
The CCL pic is for reference (it's my older roo) and the darker roo is the CCLx.

Last edited:

Hello, Im looking to get rid of 5 Freedom ranger chickens. They are now 6 weeks old, and have been laying a substantial amount of eggs for this old. Due to the fact that there was an emergency vacation planned, I will not be around the farm long enough to care for the chicks. If anyone is interested please contact me ASAP at show contact info Im leaving on saturday and need these chicks gone!!
Thank you,
Bryan

gig.gif
Why oh why would you try to make us believe that 6 week old chicks would be laying eggs. Anyone that knows anything about chickens knows that is not going to be happening, so they know this ad is a lie. Though since it was under free stuff, i guess even free chickens that come from a liar are worth it.

Thank you,
Bryan

Are you sure they are laying a 6 weeks old?

The poster might have meant to put 6 month, not 6 week. Those don't look like 6 week old birds

Quote:
Thank you,
Bryan

gig.gif
Why oh why would you try to make us believe that 6 week old chicks would be laying eggs. Anyone that knows anything about chickens knows that is not going to be happening, so they know this ad is a lie. Though since it was under free stuff, i guess even free chickens that come from a liar are worth it.

I agree, it could be just an error (an honest mistake) and he meant 6 months not 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't know if you have a sitter for your birds. I haven't been on vacation for a few years but I have a large flock (10 coops and pens) and most that I have contacted want quite a bit to take care of my birds. I had a fellow that used to take care of my birds but he died unexpectedly (at 40 years old). Last year I had a referral and they wanted $300.00 a week. I was planning on going for 3 weeks but decided against it and the poster did say it was an emergency vacation. Maybe a family member died, you just never know.

Last edited:
I don't know if you have a sitter for your birds. I haven't been on vacation for a few years but I have a large flock (10 coops and pens) and most that I have contacted want quite a bit to take care of my birds. I had a fellow that used to take care of my birds but he died unexpectedly (at 40 years old).  Last year I had a referral and they wanted $300.00 a week. I was planning on going for 3 weeks but decided against it and the poster did say it was an emergency vacation. Maybe a family member died, you just never know.

Yeah if you don't have a reliable family member or reliable close friend (reliable being the key word) it can be quite costly to pay someone to take care of them... I know for me it's been a pain to find people (that I trust to be reliable) to take care of my birds and other animals and collect eggs every day when i have went on vacation... It's easy to find a person that will do it for a few days, but trying to find someone to do it for a week every day is generally a challenge and requires me to network several 'backups' that can be called to fill in or share the load...

Back
Top Bottom