OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Yeah. We had to cut the door into the coop bigger for them, my dad thought they were turkeys at first. The rooster is just massive, the pullet isn't laying yet but close to pol

Does anyone have any d'Uccles for sale? The Mille Fleur d'Uccle chicks I picked up yesterday died. I don't need chicks or show quality birds. Adults that aren't perfect are just fine.

What kind of feeds does everyone use for their layers? Mine aren't quite ready to be off of their grower yet but I'm trying to be proactive. Brands? Crumble or pellets?

I'm thinking about selling eggs from my home and could use some input on pricing. Our chickens are fed organic feed and spend their days in a huge enclosed pasture when they're not out free ranging. We have just about every egg color imaginable. I've heard of people in the area charging anywhere from $2-$2.50 per dozen, but that seems awfully low for organically fed, pastured/free-ranged chickens. I'm in Northwest Ohio. Any thoughts?

I have no idea what organic eggs sell for, I would check out your store for prices. I do not know all the details but there are gov. regulations on claiming you have organic eggs or organic anything for that matter. So if you want to go organic you need to check on that. Now back to egg pricing. You can offer free range eggs and up your price from store prices. Brown eggs bring more than white and are you sorting them to size? Are you in a state that has been affected with the bird virus? In Ohio brown large eggs are 3.50/5.00 depending on size and store. Once you set a price it is harder to raise it so don't short yourself.

Back
Top Bottom