OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Does anyone have a baby chick for sale in the NE Ohio area? I need a pal for my lonely chick.

Our hen hatched 2 last week and then abandoned the nest. I put the other two eggs in the incubator to see if they could be saved. One hatched and one stopped developing. The one that hatched is a week younger and has not been accepted in the group,  so I have a sad baby chick inside. The mother and the other chickens outside ignore her.

I have a couple that are week and half old. If you don't mind mix breeds. You can have it for free. We live in Danville and can meet you in Mount Vernon. Sorry about your loss

I have a couple that are week and half old. If you don't mind mix breeds. You can have it for free. We live in Danville and can meet you in Mount Vernon. Sorry about your loss

Thank you, I will have to run it by my husband tonight.

I was hoping to integrate it but so far it's like the orphan chick. The mother pecked at it for getting by her other chicks but it wasn't a mean peck, just a warning. I take it out for supervised time and it wanders around and all the others pretend it's not there. I've thought about sneaking it in at night but I'm concerned something bad would happen while at work.

We don't necessarily want more chickens but I don't like the idea of it being in a box all alone inside during the day.
sad.png

Thank you, I will have to run it by my husband tonight.

I was hoping to integrate it but so far it's like the orphan chick. The mother pecked at it for getting by her other chicks but it wasn't a mean peck, just a warning. I take it out for supervised time and it wanders around and all the others pretend it's not there. I've thought about sneaking it in at night but I'm concerned something bad would happen while at work.

We don't necessarily want more chickens but I don't like the idea of it being in a box all alone inside during the day. :(  

I completely understand. I tried it once after a broody hen lost all her eggs but she went crazy so I had to remove them. Luckly there was more then one so I put them in a brooder. Hopefully it works out for you
1f609.png
1f609.png
1f609.png

We got them at 3 weeks I thought maybe she would grow out of it but it's staying the same not getting any worse tho

That's normal for them to stay the same. If you don't get a chance to splint the toes in the first day of life or so, they'll stay like that. The good news is that most (my hen included) can get around well and do just fine. Mine has some really bad toes but still can roost, scratch, and go up and down ramps just like the others
1f642.png

The storm was annoying here last night. We got hit with three good runs of wind, rain, thunder and lightning. I kept waking up all night. Thankfully, my husband was home on time so I didn't have to sit through all of the worst part alone. Surprisingly, there weren't any tree branches in the yard this morning. The last couple of storms must have taken out the weak ones. The chickens weren't too happy. Eleanor was fussing at me the moment she saw me.

I completely understand. I tried it once after a broody hen lost all her eggs but she went crazy so I had to remove them. Luckly there was more then one so I put them in a brooder. Hopefully it works out for you
1f609.png
1f609.png
1f609.png

He gave me a resounding and adamant no.
sad.png
No more chickens. Thank you for the offer. I guess this chick will just be people trained.

Don't feel bad, I am cut off on coop builds for now..Only have 3 years to wait until my apprenticeship is over. No limit on breeds for me though. 9 different breeds now with the tenth in the incubator. Must have more!

Hello, new to ohio and chickens! Just moved from city life in michigan to country life in ohio. Fremont ohio in sandusky county so info on both would be greatly appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom