OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.  She's been decent for me--sometimes a busy mom but overall been pretty good.  Glad you found some--I love mine.  They are so pretty to look at and have very calm, friendly dispositions that I enjoy.  My goal is to have Junior (the Lav.Orp I'd gotten from Jill) set up with my three Lav. hens and see what the results are.  Just need to find someone to hatch them for me!  Haven't attempted incubation myself...yet!  :)  Although I have two eager broodies right now...hmmm...

The two I got were 6 weeks old. Oh my, when I try and pick them up they scream and fight. Slowly slowly I am getting them to trust me.

Im in Morrow Co. new to chickens... i picked up Asian Black/Blue from TSC and i took the only yellow chick in with them and 6 others that all look pretty much the same. Anyways was wondering if this yellow chick is actually an asian chick? I havnt seen anyone post pics of yellow ones. All my other chicks also have 4 toes and this one has 5 and its right foot would have 5 but 2 toes are webbed together. Does anyone know if this little chick is an Asian?

Last edited:
Im in Morrow Co. new to chickens... i picked up Asian Black/Blue from TSC and i took the only yellow chick in with them and 6 others that all look pretty much the same. Anyways was wondering if this yellow chick is actually an asian chick? I havnt seen anyone post pics of yellow ones. All my other chicks also have 4 toes and this one has 5 and its right foot would have 5 but 2 toes are webbed together. Does anyone know if this little chick is an Asian?

I snagged this from another thread..."The 5 toed breeds are silkies, houdans, sultans, Dorkings and faverolles"

AlleysChicks I've been wondering about the buff orps myself. Someone in my neighborhood has buff orps and I've been thinking the coloring coming in on their feathers was off. I think its a chance you take getting your chicks from places like TSC and RK. Oh Well I still love my little chicks .

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.  She's been decent for me--sometimes a busy mom but overall been pretty good.  Glad you found some--I love mine.  They are so pretty to look at and have very calm, friendly dispositions that I enjoy.  My goal is to have Junior (the Lav.Orp I'd gotten from Jill) set up with my three Lav. hens and see what the results are.  Just need to find someone to hatch them for me!  Haven't attempted incubation myself...yet!  :)  Although I have two eager broodies right now...hmmm...

I'd be happy to incubate some for you, but we are probably a bit far apart. Incubating isn't all that difficult, and there's lots of help here! Get yourself an incubator....c'mon, I bet you want to. :D

AlleysChicks I've been wondering about the buff orps myself. Someone in my neighborhood has buff orps and I've been thinking the coloring coming in on their feathers was off. I think its a chance you take getting your chicks from places like TSC and RK. Oh Well I still love my little chicks .
More color for your flock
1f60a.png
The ones I got last year came from RK. Healthy chicks, they were also what they were supposed to be gender and breed wise. I picked some white leghorn pullets up at TSC and 2/3 are Roos. $3 each and straightrun was only $0.50. I'm hoping they either refund or exchange for new. It's truly a gamble picking up chicks from farm stores.

That looks very much like a Salmon Faverolle.

I'd be happy to incubate some for you, but we are probably a bit far apart. Incubating isn't all that difficult, and there's lots of help here! Get yourself an incubator....c'mon, I bet you want to.
big_smile.png
I think you are what might be called an enabler...and I like that :) The distance is probably a good thing...but I may take you up on it someday!

Someday I might take the plunge but for now I'm having enough trouble restraining myself from increasing my flock. Well, ok, I guess the problem is, I haven't restrained myself. Started with four Crested Cream Legbar pullets from Sunnyside Up MicroFarm at the end of March. Then the local feedstore that I support has a list of the chicks they have coming and I sort of got stuck on the 4/21 delivery date because they had Black Copper Marans, Wheaten Marans and Salmon Faverolles....love my Marans so wanted more of course, and have always wanted the Faverolles, soooo...well, the chicks arrived a day early and the Favs were gone, but the Marans were calling my name. Yep--another 6 chicks to brood. Then today...sigh. The meaties came in so hustled over to pick up 25 Cornish Cross...along with a Buckeye, a Welsumer and two EE's. So now I'm up to 39 chicks in three different brooders. Did I mention I already have three cockerals/roosters and 27 hens, plus another chick a secretive broody hatched?
And I never even got my Favs...the one breed I have yet to own. I already have and/or had the other breeds, just wanted a few more.

I have a problem...that's the first step in treatment, isn't it? Admitting it?
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom