***OKIES in the BYC III ***

my little OEGB hen crowed yesterday i was kind surprised i have several rosters around i thought that hen only started crowing if there weren't any roos.
It is quite common with OE I have several hens and pullets that crow, don't be surprised by it all.

Half of the sashing is finished on my newest fusion blanket

Now I need to secure tails, then sew the long rows together then crochet the long sashes.
That's a work of art
love.gif

Rinda,
Thanks for meeting me today. The boys are settled in their respective pens. The bigger boys will go to capon camp at the end of the week. The little ones will have four or five weeks of baby talk before they can go to camp. And thank you for the amazing honey. I had some in a glass of iced tea and it was the perfect sweetener.

Oh my Kass that quilt is beautiful!!! I am trying to catch up on reading. Today was a busy chicken day for us. Got all the pens cleaned and put out some poultry powder the birds loved the chance to be out of their pens and on the grass to pick bugs and dust bathe. Also everyone got a dip in Adams flea and tick shampoo. While we were at it we scrubbed all the feeders and waterers. Still have TONS of flies so going to try to find those fly trap bags tomorrow after work. All the chicks are getting big and the kids will have to figure out what to sell soon.

Hope everyone is well. Nathanael is battling a staph infection right now. He got a blister at the pool in chandler and it ended up infected so he had minor surgery on it last Monday. Of course you wouldn't know it an hour later. Thought we were going to have to tie him down to keep him off that foot for three days. LOL.

Thanks guys, I really like how it's turning out.

Keep an eye on that infection it can get out of hand quickly!

I had an unpleasant chicken day, I culled one I was wanting to keep b/c of her coloring but she was just failing to thrive, not sick just not healthy and active.

Thanks Kass we are watching him close because they can't treat him with the antibiotic they wanted to because of his liver issues. The culture they did came back resistant to the first antibiotic he was on so we are using their third choice of meds. Thankfully it is on his toe so I can can keep it wrapped and clean for the most part.

That's a work of art
love.gif

Rinda,
Thanks for meeting me today. The boys are settled in their respective pens. The bigger boys will go to capon camp at the end of the week. The little ones will have four or five weeks of baby talk before they can go to camp. And thank you for the amazing honey. I had some in a glass of iced tea and it was the perfect sweetener.

thumbsup.gif
I'm so glad they are going to be well cared for with you. You never know what's REALLY going to happen usually when you sell a big batch of boys... :(
Remember I was confused by a pullet I found in that pen? Well in the dark the night before I snagged an EE boy instead of her so he was in a cage with a few pullets set to be shipped to Virginia today. Luckily I figured it out in time- but he missed the boat with you LOL!

Back
Top Bottom