***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hello Everyone, have not been on in awhile due to time sakes. I have a Blue Americanua Roo that I need to get rid of. The poor guy has been chased up to the top of the roosting box and he will not come down, wife started putting feed and water up on top for him. If interested text me at 405.206.4541. I am in the Blanchard area.

The colorful boy in my avatar runs the roost and will not let him near the other chickens.

Well I decided to keep him for now. Put him in my fenced in garden area with a girl so they can cultivate for me.

Last edited:

I would let this little month-old silkie go for $5 if anyone was interested. The roo it came from was from Bobbi Porto. I just want to hold out for a showgirl.

I thought this pic was funny, trying to smile for the camera!

Anyone with Ameraucanas think there is hope this splash chick may be a pullet? It's comb is looking pink to me but the other chicks it's with that I'm sure are pullets are a little pink, too.
How old is this chick? Looks girlish to me.

Here is a pic of a 2 month old girl, no where near POL

The comb shape is very similar to yours

This is a boy about 1.5 months old, the ridges are much more obvious then in your "girls"

Robin, I'm sorry about your Showgirl baby :-( Out of those 29 shipped Silkie eggs I only ended up with 4 hatching then did lose 1 a few days later. I think Silkies just more delicate, any Bantam really.

Jeansrie-that's going to be a pretty boy, good luck finding him a home!

True5, I've got Silkies in with Bantam Cornish, Araucana and Phoenix and they've all always done fine. I had a Silkie boy in with the big Faverolles rooster I lost last year and the little Silkie was the boss of the 2 :) I finally had to take the Silkie out because he wouldn't let the great big Fav boy have any alone time with his own hens. Silkies get along with any other birds and other birds seem to just leave them alone in my experience. I'm not sure if the other birds realize they're chickens or not.They're just so easy going and laid back that other birds don't bother them. I like a huge range of different kinds of birds, I can't imagine not always having Silkies though. Small, easy to house, can't fly, get along with others....you've got to get some!

NoCityBoy-Muesky might well be interested in the Ameraucana boy when she sees your post. I've got a Bantam and an LF Blue Ameraucana both-a wonderful breed that a lot of people admire. Hope you find a taker!

Jeansrie-I forgot to say-with Ameraucanas you can tell at a pretty young age if they're boys because their pea comb has 3 distinct rows and the middle row sticks up above the side rows if it's a boy. I've been wrong twice with my Ameraucanas but I've also been right even at a week or 2 old (probably just luck). If that chick you showed is less than 6 wks I'd guess male. Depends on age though.

Here is a pic of a 2 month old girl, no where near POL The comb shape is very similar to yours This is a boy about 1.5 months old, the ridges are much more obvious then in your "girls"
It was hatched Sept 1st so about 1.5 months. The other 2 pullets I have are different breeds but they all have the same thickness of legs. Your pictures make me more hopeful, thanks!

Something about Bartlseville and chickens is going to be on channel 6 news in a few minutes
What was it about?

Anyone with Ameraucanas think there is hope this splash chick may be a pullet? It's comb is looking pink to me but the other chicks it's with that I'm sure are pullets are a little pink, too.

It is narrow enough I would continue to hope for a girl! Especially at 1 1/2 months. Is this one you got from me?

Last edited:
Hey guys! Haven't been on in months!1838 unread post, oh my! Today the girls are making lotion bars today & it reminded me of POOPS. Figured it was a good time to check in.
We moved into the new house in July & the projects don't stop. Kitchen is 85% finished & still have to get the trim installed throughout the entire house. Also we kept our 3 legged pup, she has thrived & has a personality big enough to make up for the missing leg.
We might rehome some of our call ducks soon ( they are all just random colors) , if anyone is looking PM me & I can figure out what we have.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Nana loving the shampoo bar, worked wonders after I stripped my hair with baking soda & ACV.

Back
Top Bottom