***OKIES in the BYC III ***

It is in Newcastle, in the High School Ag barn right on route 277- 62. It starts at 5:30. It is run by nice folks and is a clean facility.
@Driftingokie , I am not sure it is technically the High School Ag barn - but the Newcastle Fairgrounds? To get there - get to 44West towards Lawton, take the last free exit before hitting the toll road to Chickasha (cant remember the parkway name...) It will be exit 107 - so not the wallmart exit but the one immediately after that - 62 towards Newcastle/Blanchard. Then it will be after two lights on the left coming up a hill a bit, right after a park area. Eggs (hatching as well as cold for eating) sell first - so you want to get there just before it starts to look at what they have. Its a bit of a drive for you, but should be a fun experience - especially if you end up meeting some of the 'crazy' chicken peeps from this thread!

If you go, and end up not needing eggs next weekend - just let me know! Have fun! Wish I could go but have other obligations.
sad.png

I have been enjoying my vacation so far; working hard on my pens and yard.

I was thinking about all my projects and have decided that there is a fine line between trashy and charming and that I don't always make it across. Good thing my chickens aren't style mavens.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Reading up on DE, can you add it to fermented feed? As a fly preventative? I am looking at ways to decrease the hoards of flies

I don't think so, Robin. It's ineffective once it gets wet. That's why I really don't think it can possibly work on worms either.
I couldn't stand it and set Malay eggs, at least 4 out of 6 are growing for sure.

Back
Top Bottom