***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have to get rid of my G.Prynese / G. Retriever girl. A roo go out today and she chased it down, did not kill him but just had it pinned to the ground. I got it away from here before any damage was done. I am not going to take any chances with her getting the taste of chickens so that is why I am getting rid of her. My neighbor across the street has recently acquired poultry and she does go over there sometimes because she knows him but so far has not shown any interest in his birds. My birds are penned up behind a hot wire so I have not had any problems with her and my flock until this morning.

I rescued her from the Norman animal shelter back in January. She is about 2 yrs old and still very playful. She does a great job on guarding this place. She loves being outside except when it rains.

If anybody is interested in her please text me at 405-206-4541.

Her name is Ms. K.

I have to get rid of my G.Prynese / G. Retriever girl. A roo go out today and she chased it down, did not kill him but just had it pinned to the ground. I got it away from here before any damage was done. I am not going to take any chances with her getting the taste of chickens so that is why I am getting rid of her. My neighbor across the street has recently acquired poultry and she does go over there sometimes because she knows him but so far has not shown any interest in his birds. My birds are penned up behind a hot wire so I have not had any problems with her and my flock until this morning.

I rescued her from the Norman animal shelter back in January. She is about 2 yrs old and still very playful. She does a great job on guarding this place. She loves being outside except when it rains.

If anybody is interested in her please text me at 405-206-4541.

Her name is Ms. K.
I'm not entirely clear on Norman'Norman's adoption contract, but you should familiarize yourself with it. It may have a clause that you have to bring the dog back to the shelter and if you "re-home" without their consent, it's considered theft.
I'm not saying that definitely is the case, but some shelters, most rescues and many breeders have this clause in their contracts.

theft...I had to pay $60.00 to adopt her..lol I will check it out though. I really do not want to send her back there because it took us 6 weeks to get her because of their mistakes.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely clear on Norman'Norman's adoption contract, but you should familiarize yourself with it. It may have a clause that you have to bring the dog back to the shelter and if you "re-home" without their consent, it's considered theft.
I'm not saying that definitely is the case, but some shelters, most rescues and many breeders have this clause in their contracts.
x2 on this one. We got one of our dogs from Pets and People (or something like that - too long ago) and we had to fill out gobs of paperwork and legal gobbly gook. Seriously - to adopt a dog?! But, I can do paperwork like nobodies business and really wanted that dog. I am sure that somewhere in there it said that if I was ever mean to my dog or looked at it cross eyed that I would have to give up my first born child.

Ok, an exaggeration there - but they were pretty intense on looking after the animals interest. (( and I sincerely applaud them for that! ))

So new goat added to herd ... sort of. Our mama goat is still not happy she's here but our baby and her get along well and play with each other. She's an Alpine and my others are Boers so I hope they all end up happy with one another eventually. Right now we have the babies penned off together at night and then take them all out to roam together in the morning. We're on day five, so I figure it will only take another five months or so to settle everyone back into a routine.

On the chicken front, got the production reds and our frizzled cochin bantam integrated well. None of the usual drama there. Onyx, our roo, scooped em all up and shuffled them in the yard to the food trough. Weird. But then he has a thing for red heads.

Now we're working on our new dominiks and red caps which came on Monday.

So new goat added to herd ... sort of. Our mama goat is still not happy she's here but our baby and her get along well and play with each other. She's an Alpine and my others are Boers so I hope they all end up happy with one another eventually. Right now we have the babies penned off together at night and then take them all out to roam together in the morning. We're on day five, so I figure it will only take another five months or so to settle everyone back into a routine.

On the chicken front, got the production reds and our frizzled cochin bantam integrated well. None of the usual drama there. Onyx, our roo, scooped em all up and shuffled them in the yard to the food trough. Weird. But then he has a thing for red heads.

Now we're working on our new dominiks and red caps which came on Monday.
What a cool roo!

Okay I've gone back and forth over this project all day, mostly back, as in I hate it. I now have the blocks in place in the whole cloth, it isn't what I had pictured in my head when I started this project. I don't exactly hate it at this point, but don't love it either. If it's blah to me b/c I don't like modern contemporary I can live w/ that, but if it is b/c it is poorly executed modern contemporary that is another story.

Back
Top Bottom