***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have a distressing mystery in my garden. My tomatoes yesterday were healthy and loaded w/ green tomatoes. I just went out to look at the garden and half or more of my 4 - 5 foot tall tomato plants are totally completely wilted, the whole plants. These were the picture of health and beauty yesterday morning. No yellowing, no distress until now, no holes or preditor attack, just completely wilted like the middle of summer w/o water, but we have had rain for days. Any ideas?

Did you inspect for mildew? Are there any holes in the soil to indicate insect activity that might have cut the roots?

Is the stem split from excess water (rain)?

Today's masterpiece, my first ever jam

Those look so good! I want some.
tongue.png
I love homemade jams and jellies, just don't really want to make it myself. lol
wink.png

I have a distressing mystery in my garden.  My tomatoes yesterday were healthy and loaded w/ green tomatoes.  I just went out to look at the garden and half or more of my 4 - 5 foot tall tomato plants are totally completely wilted, the whole plants.  These were the picture of health and beauty yesterday morning.  No yellowing, no distress until now, no holes or preditor attack, just completely wilted like the middle of summer w/o water, but we have had rain for days.  Any ideas?
too much rain is my guess. Over watering is as bad as under watering with tomatoes.

Hello everyone!

I live in Turpin, Ok, and this is my first year with chickens! I've got a modest little flock for now, but it seems to be growing rapidly lol!

Hey there. Welcome to BYC. We are from extreme ends. You have the western border of the state covered and we are trying hard to represent the southeastern corner.

Back
Top Bottom