***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Oh, and has anybody looked at Greenfire Farms's site lately? They have lavender Wyandottes...
droolin.gif

A geltleman is coming from Indiana later this week to pick up some of my Columbian Wyandotte and a few other color varieties. He could be bringing me some Lavendar Wyandotte eggs or chicks.....

It's cold, my girls are NOT laying. I got 15 eggs yesterday.....0 so far today.
I got 13 of 13 Columbian Wyandotte eggs, 1 White Wyandotte, 3 Cochin eggs and 21 eggs from the Layers and Bantams yesterday. I bet mine in the outside pens keep their legs crossed, but the pens in the barn will probably offer up their usual count.

I was up earlier than usual in anticipation of the bad weather. The live trap I'd set near the layer pen was empty, and the floor is a twisted, mangled mess of wire. What can destroy a live trap like that? Here's a photo (sorry for the poor quality, it was about 4:30 and sleeting) of the space under the trap. I couldn't get the bent wire to show up, so I'll try another photo now that it's light.

Teachers were to report for training but students have the day off. I didn't get the all-call that training was canceled, so I found myself in an empty parking lot at eight. Because the drive had been treacherous, I'd already spent an hour on the road, so I did a few errands before coming home. Daughter and granddaughters are here watching Frozen, appropriate, if only it wasn't the bazillienth time they've watched it here.

If anyone knows Bev, well enough to feel comfortable enough to call her, and has her correct number, please call her Monday. The number she put on here, is a wrong number. The person who answered the text was pleasant enough, but, definitely not Bev. I would like to get the Marans eggs to her, but, it seems like it might be difficult, based on her post.

Dang! That 9 is next to the 0 and well, my fat finger obviously hit the wrong one
1f612.png
At the bottom of this post is my correct number!
Question: How long before the eggs are too old to incubate??
The weather has me homebound today, maybe tomorrow too.

Good news, I figured out how to get email notifications from my phone, yay!, so I know when people reply
1f60a.png

I like them very much but don't technically "need" them. They're quite welcome here but if you miss them and want them back, I understand that also :)

Oh?! I would love to have them, but only if you truly don't need them & of course at market price for laying pullets! I found a couple that took the extra roo's off my hands, they buy/sell, so I have extra room
1f601.png

But.... If you're attached by all means don't feel bad if you wish to keep them.

She typo-ed her number, it's 405-873-0395. I only post it because she had.

You are almost right!
1f609.png

I am SO sorry about the typo!! My correct # is 918-873-0395

Dang! That 9 is next to the 0 and well, my fat finger obviously hit the wrong one
1f612.png
At the bottom of this post is my correct number!
Question: How long before the eggs are too old to incubate??
The weather has me homebound today, maybe tomorrow too.

Good news, I figured out how to get email notifications from my phone, yay!, so I know when people reply
1f60a.png

Oh?! I would love to have them, but only if you truly don't need them & of course at market price for laying pullets! I found a couple that took the extra roo's off my hands, they buy/sell, so I have extra room
1f601.png

But.... If you're attached by all means don't feel bad if you wish to keep them.
You are almost right!
1f609.png

I am SO sorry about the typo!! My correct # is 918-873-0395

Dang, I Got the number wrong, too :-D
Bev, I've raised chickens from tiny babies and (contrary to public belief) placed them before. I've wished so badly I could get them back and wasn't able to. You raised these girls from tinies, they'll always be *your girls. So you are more than welcome to a 2nd chance with them now that circumstances have changed. Just the same price, no more no less is fair. We can meet at the same Love's spot at the north Guthrie exit when the weather is better.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have missed hanging out here but since our move to town it has almost been painful to get on here and see what everyone is up to. We did keep all of the kids birds and a few of mine. We have lost some to city dogs, grrr. But we will close on our new house in Jones tomorrow!!! 5 acres and we can get back to the business of chickens!!! I am looking for some barred rocks and RIR but I don't want hatchery birds. If anyone knows of someone selling chicks I would love to get some in about a month. That should give me time to get my set up going. I would hatch some eggs but I don't think I will get the incubators up and running this year it is just to time consuming trying to get the darn thing at a good temp to mess with it this late in the year. I can't wait to catch up with everyone. I have missed being in the country and being able to just enjoy my birds. Although Nathanael and Mr. Red haven't minded being in town seems they just kind of roll with the tide lol.

Hello. I am new to chicken raising, so am I ever glad to find you guys! I recently purchased 7 chicks from Rinda in Coweta (2 female Orloffs died within a day, sob) and have more coming from Meyer in Ohio. I purchased an assortment of rare pullets, so I look forward to the surprise package! Once the chicks get a little older, I will probably be interested in narrowing the flock to a more manageable number. If anyone is interested in increasing genetic variability in their flock, the Meyer girls would be a good opportunity. I also have two roos from Rinda, a cream Legbar x Leghorn and a beautiful Orloff if anyone would like to take them off my hands. I would love to keep them, but I don't think my neighbors will tolerate the boys crowing. Not interested in money so much as a good home for my boys and girls.

It looks like we will not be able to make the transport hookup, between YardBridMom and I. So, I still have these 8 Cuckoo Marans eggs available, if anyone can meet me near Sequoyah County today or tomorrow. I'd be willing to travel a bit, but with money tight, chickens needing feed, and the truck needing fuel, driving very far, is a bit of an issue. Muskogee, or Sallisaw, is about as far as I can go, and I am going to Sallisaw, this afternoon. I'll put the eggs in the truck, and bring them with me, if someone doesn't get them first. My Cuckoo Marans are such sweet birds, I'd really hate to see these eggs go to waste.. They aren't the super dark variety, and likely that is part of the problem, but, who knows what the next generation might bring?

Back
Top Bottom