***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
frow.gif
Doodle.....

My belief exactly...Silkied Serama are ideal companions for people that are 'not allowed' to have chickens, don't want to go outdoors in the weather, or a dozen other reasons. They are personable, bond with humans and enjoy (and return) all attention. They are completely happy in a rabbit, guinnea pig, or cockatiel cage. They're not noisy or smelly and are meant to be 'house chickens'. They are delightful little creatures and are the pet of the future.

x2.... she is a great enabler! i have found MY breed! and with my silky Flo going broody, can you guess what eggs i plan on getting??? i love my cochins, and all my others...but these guys shine!

file-12.jpg

file-11.jpg

The nice man I bought my chickens from in Gotebo had a pair of Serama. He brought them out to show em off. They were adorable and I have been thinking about them ever since. Right now I have a chick that is really bonded with us. I think she might be a bantam because shes very stout and isnt getting big as fast as other chicks I've seen or had. I am too inexperienced to tell and can't find the cord to my camera to post pictures. Maybe I will try to take pictures with my webcam. If she ends up not being a bantam then I will be very interested in a Serama.
Quote:
frow.gif
Doodle.....

My belief exactly...Silkied Serama are ideal companions for people that are 'not allowed' to have chickens, don't want to go outdoors in the weather, or a dozen other reasons. They are personable, bond with humans and enjoy (and return) all attention. They are completely happy in a rabbit, guinnea pig, or cockatiel cage. They're not noisy or smelly and are meant to be 'house chickens'. They are delightful little creatures and are the pet of the future.

Quote:
My water heater crapped out this summer and I considered buying a new one but the cheapest I could find was about $300. The tankless heaters are great but cost over $500. I bought a rebuild kit that cost about $36 and the hex socket to remove the elements that was about $7. I also had to replace the copper water intact that was $16 and installed a shut off valve with pipe dope and everything $10. All said I spent less then $70. Water heater works great, I did not have to pull it out to dispose of it. Plus it was quite a feeling of accomplishment to do something like that all by myself.
As long as the tank does not have a leak they can be rebuilt. Fortunately mine was only 5 years old and yes it is a Whirlpool.

we found a rheem tankless for $300, although that is a smaller one, it depends on how big you need

Quote:
frow.gif
Doodle.....

I have some more cockerels that are free as a pet in a loving home. Sorry, I can't give a free pullet, too. A single cockerel makes a great pet and bonds with the owner. My only REQUIREMENT is that you be able to provide some kind of warmth for him....the debate of whether they can or cannot live without heat is mute because I will not knowingly send one off to live without a way to keep warm.

Quote:

I have some more cockerels that are free as a pet in a loving home. Sorry, I can't give a free pullet, too. A single cockerel makes a great pet and bonds with the owner. My only REQUIREMENT is that you be able to provide some kind of warmth for him....the debate of whether they can or cannot live without heat is mute because I will not knowingly send one off to live without a way to keep warm.

Really? I don't think I would want a pair anyway. I don't want to deal with the possibility of babies just yet. I would definately keep him inside where it is warm and I have a brooder light if necassary. I would love to have one and I know I can give him a good home..

Good morning Okies, I'm still drinking coffee, but I don't think it's working
caf.gif

Ton of Serama enabling going on! Rather funny, actually. I have the house silkie right now (the baby that's still alive and peeping) but knowing my luck it's a roo and when it's springtime (if it's not a roo) it'll go live outside.

RetiredArmyWife, you would LOVE one!!!! I just got mine from June Saturday and he's adorable. So incredibly calm, he just sits there next to me watching me like I'm the coolest thing he ever saw. I do have a chicken diaper but I had to pin it up a little for him because it's too big, they're on Ebay for under $10 total so I'm going to get him his own. He sat on my shoulder or lap most of yesterday and what I just love is that's where he *wants to be. He doesn't want to run off and play even though he could. It's like he loves me already lol! It's not like they're just "tiny chickens". It's their personality itself that's different from other chickens, they're truly little pets.
I've been looking at wooden rabbit hutches and some of them are so pretty! That's what I want to get for mine for his "condo"
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom