***OKIES in the BYC III ***

The snakes haven't gone to bed for the winter yet. There was one in my silkie room this morning not very big doesn't take a very big snake to get me excited.
smile.png

Quote:
Reading in an old Poultry mag last night. Suggests running med chick started thru a blender or coffee grinder to make the crumb size small enough for the Seramas and baby bantams at least fr the first two weeks or so. Sounds like a good idea. They will waste the big crumbs trying to find the ones small enough to eat.

If you let the hen raise them, you won't have to break down the crumbles. She takes care of it.
smile.png

Yep. Going to be using an asil hen or two this year for my wife's Serama s.

Quote:
Give 'em a few... most of them aren't like me, with the ability to just yap all I want (well, most of the time...
lol.png
)

I'm trying really hard NOT to be enabled. Even by free birds.

Wait. Free bird. Lynyrd Skynryd. Bad me.
lau.gif

Thank you for the congrats on the show.
smile.png

I took 8 birds. Had I not been sick that morning, I would have taken the other 12.

Varieties lacking from my bantam shamo display were black breasted red, golden duckwing, barred, dun barred, & dun.

I would, but I am getting a cockerel from OK junebug. I'm trying not have chicks untill I'm really comfortable with keeping chickens. Ofcourse if some of my iffy hens turn out to be roosters then its been taken out of my hands
hmm.png

Quote:

Quote:
Been trying to get my sister to let her kids have some seramas. Her kids LOVE the chickens here @ the farm. My sister thinks her English mastiff wont be nice around house birds. Told her I would get chickens for the kids for Christmas, she wasn't amused!

Newton Walls in Shawnee on Harrison (Hwy 18) has oil thermostatically controlled heaters for $19.88. Sale begins tomorrow...got the early bird notice. These will sell out fast.
Ad says: 1200/700/500 watts, adjustable thermostat, 4 casters, 7 husky fins, auto thermal cutoff, metal housing, oil filled, sealed. Dept store priced $114.00

street address 2009 N. Harrison, Shawnee

Last edited:
Quote:
But you see, the issue is that I told them I wouldn't be *enabled*.
lol.png

That's okay...everybody knew you would want at least one and we ar all enablers here.

lol.png

Back
Top Bottom