***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Good morning to all! It`s gonna be another hot one! 106°F here yesterday and it`s supposed to get up to 104°F today! Y`all have a good n` and stay cool! :) egh
frow.gif
from Henryetta and
welcome-byc.gif
and the Okie thread.

day going ok so far. Got some more time in on my castle coop. Started to get hot and i started to get frustrated trying to mount the hardware latches to the door. All i can say is **** screws. All my extra hands were in bed still. Im just thank full for good ac and a hot cup of coffee. On a better note i candled my brahma eggs i got from joe last night. I am happy to say they are veining very well. As for the double yoker my daughter put in not seeing much but dark circles. Im a give it a bit longer and if no veining then out it goes. Here in a few i may be making a run to lows for paint to finish the coop. Just a little more work on it and i can move it into place. Then enclose with a run.

MacG A few sliced olives would add a different texture and taste to it.

KASS Thanks for the tip about the Mint Medley tea. Probably a better price than Whole Foods tiny box of dried mint. the mint chutney I used turned out really well.

Be cool.

Hi fellow flockers!

Hope today finds you well and cool! Would anyone be interested in having two NH/RIR red hens? It appears I have been turned in again because the current president of our HomeOwneers' association called and left a message on my ans. machine. She was asking if I know about City codes.... which means, someone has complained about the Orp capons running around in my backyard. Therefore, the code enforcement man should be here today or tomorrow. So I am caging up my little friends and getting them ready to go to new homes. PM me if you'd like to have: 1-6 buff orpington eunichs - some of whom have the ability to crow, but are mostly sweet bug catchers, 2 red hens, or 2 buff orp pullets. Please let me know if you are interested...I'll bring 'em or we can meet, or You can pick 'em up, but I have to get them re-homed by tomorrow. Thanks.

MacG A few sliced olives would add a different texture and taste to it.

KASS Thanks for the tip about the Mint Medley tea. Probably a better price than Whole Foods tiny box of dried mint. the mint chutney I used turned out really well.

Be cool.
If you have a space to plant id advise putting some mint in if you are cooking with it. You can dry some your self for winter months and have some fresh on hand when ever needed. Keep in mind mint plants grow and grow some more. can be invasive so only plant where you know your gonna want it. I love mint sauce with lamb.

Hello,

I used to raise Spanish and Cuban Gamefowl along with some OEGB and Moderns. I sold my birds about 4 years ago and I`m thinking about getting back into it, so I figured this was the place to be!
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you. We have a few OEGB but you would have to pry them out of my 10 year olds hands and I don't see that happening, lol. There are lots here with OEGBs I am sure you will find what you want before the days end, lol.

Back
Top Bottom