*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like they cancelled the winter storm warning, course they added a blizzard warning! This should be fun!

Heard a report just a few minutes ago that we're now expected to get 12 to 18" of snow. Finally sank into my feeble mind that if the snow gets that deep, I'll have a very hard time getting into my feed shed and ALL my pens to feed the poultry. We'll have to rethink at least a place to put some of the feed to make it accessible!

Quote:
Teach,
What kind of eggs are you looking for? We have plenty to share for the kids... and you can keep the results...

thanks!! I just need hatching eggs...don't care creed or color...just need enough so we can hatch some...crack some open for embryo development and the like...working on getting down that way...will know for sure tonight hopefully...THANKS!!!!

Quote:
the last blizzard we had put a huge pile infront of my coop door...the kids looked tired after digging it out but i wasn't about to let my birds and such go hungry....wanna borrow them? They don't have school tomorrow...

Quote:
Teach,
What kind of eggs are you looking for? We have plenty to share for the kids... and you can keep the results...

thanks!! I just need hatching eggs...don't care creed or color...just need enough so we can hatch some...crack some open for embryo development and the like...working on getting down that way...will know for sure tonight hopefully...THANKS!!!!

What ever you need teach, fertility is pretty good on most of them at this point. We have been running the lights and never shut the Incubator down anyway. Plenty of pure variety OE bantams, and standard cochin, possibly some wyandotte if your nice.

there is a sceince experiment somewhere that you crack the egg, wrap it in plastic wrap, and incubate in a cup of water. They claim you can watch the development. I have'nt tried it though. I will see if I can find it for you.

Last edited:
Does everyone have their snow shovel or grain shovel where they can get to it without having to break a trail with their boots to get to it? (maybe inside the house?
hide.gif
)

And, as suggested by BetsyOk - can you get to some feed without breaking a path? I will be refilling the barrels in the rabbit barn with feed tonight, so I don't have to transport it very far if we are having difficulty getting out for the next few days.
th.gif
Only time will tell which weather guesser was closest to their prediction, but even those predicting only a few inches of snow are likely to get some part of it right.

Quote:
Wow - so that's where the sun is hiding today. I haven't seen it over here at all. My chickens are out in the garden bed scratching up a storm and getting the earth turned over for me. I asked them nicely to please not scratch my overwintering onions up out of the ground but last I saw they weren't being very careful about them. DBF Jack is running errands today - he called from the grocery store an hour or so ago and asked what I needed. And just a minute ago I called to tell him I was going to get some bales of straw, and he said "I'm out already - I'll pick some up." He is so good to me!

That is suprising, here in Henryetta it has been shining bright and beautiful all day.

all of our feed and coops surround the house, attached to the porch- so all we need to do is walk out the door, turn left and there they are.... the ducks aren't that close, but the other side of the run- so we are as ready as we can...
smile.png
stay warm folks!

man i am tired after 150 feet of visqueen and three boxs of stapels and 3 bales of straw all my chickens are ready to ride out this storm and i am redy for some rest but i still have to run bet some sapliz before the storm hits wohh

got 6 coronation susexs eggs today i guess the girls dont know the storm is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom