Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Forgot to mention my first test hatch of 2 went well. Look at these cuties. ..they are 2 weeks now.
They are 2 days old in these pictures. I have 5 under my broody Olandsk due to h

atch in 10 days!

Forgot to mention my first test hatch of 2 went well. Look at these cuties. ..they are 2 weeks now.
They are 2 days old in these pictures. I have 5 under my broody Olandsk due to h

atch in 10 days!

Cuties! Would you random a guess that the lighter ones are males and the darker ones are females or vice versa?

Nope. My breeders were whites and browns at 2 weeks old. One of the
brown one was the only male. GUESS WHICH ONE WAS THE MALE?

Nope. It;s the one next to the white one. LOL

I would've never guessed because logistics says the odd white one should be male! But looking at the 4 brown heads in a row, the male doesn't have the defined chipmunk brown stripe going down its head and neck but has a fuzzier head splashing rather than defined stripe. With Welsummers or some Partridge chicken varieties the darker solid chipmunk stripes and darker eyeliner will sex out as females. Can't see the eyeliner on your male from the photo. Still, the white headed OD is an odd coloring. What do they look like as adults?

Back
Top Bottom