Old and Rare Breeds

Have you bred him back to a a crele hen? Do you get the same look breeding out?
The only reason I ask is in Crele Penedesenca if you breed a crele penedesenca rooster to a partridge penedesenca rooster you get crele hens but single barred roosters ( single barred roosters from this cross look like very colorful crele roosters )
This I would like to see ...

This I would like to see ...
you can use the crele hens from this cross and breed back to the crele father and get fully crele birds.

Ill post pics of a similar cross I'm doing once they hatch
crele penedesenca rooster over silver ameraucana hens.

I am out of partridge penedesenca hens but plan on hatching more to diversify my crele blood line

I've always found it interesting that the Crele Games were known by American cockers as 'Doms.' Actually, I like the name Doms better than Crele. I think it is both better descriptive and since the color originated with the Games, I've always felt the cockers were the ones that had the right to name the variety.

the Super crele is not known to the APA. No proposal or inquiry has been received by the APA.

Walt Leonard Chairman of the APA Standard Committee.
Thanks, Walt, maybe someone with more energy will take this one.
I will look into it, but doubt there is much I can do from where I am, in both life and geography.

Have you bred him back to a a crele hen? Do you get the same look breeding out?
The only reason I ask is in Crele Penedesenca if you breed a crele penedesenca rooster to a partridge penedesenca hen you get crele hens but single barred roosters ( single barred roosters from this cross look like very colorful crele roosters )
I finally have crele daughters to breed him to this year.
The pullrets are just now beginning to lay.
After a few more weeks, I'll start collecting eggs to set.
I'll keep what you said, in my notes !
Thanks!

I've always found it interesting that the Crele Games were known by American cockers as 'Doms.' Actually, I like the name Doms better than Crele. I think it is both better descriptive and since the color originated with the Games, I've always felt the cockers were the ones that had the right to name the variety.
Good idea...maybe I should read up more on this history ?
"Super Crele" has been the only title I could come up with at the time.
Did they refer to both sexes as "Doms" ?

****Also thanks to all for the help & kind words*****

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom