Old and Rare Breeds

I do really like the Salmon Faverolles, but all of their comb points will freeze off.

In that case you need Favaucanas!
lau.gif
But then you loose your historical part. Get Favorelles and dub them like Old English Game leaving only 1/4 inch of comb. They will look a little different but the genetics will be the same.

I posted this on the Heritage Breeds thread but I thought I would ask over here too. I have the chance to choose a Breda cockeral from this group. I am actually considering getting a black and a blue. Their leg feathers have taken a beating from the mud but what do you all think of these guys?

Walt,

Was the Ko show last weekend or this one coming? If last weekend, how did it go?

It will be 1/25. They had over 100 entered early on, so there should be a lot more there. I'm off to the APA show in Springfield....you going? I think Suzann Chung will be there checking out the Orientals.

Walt

So it is the show at Stockton. I hope things go great. Anthony Rose is a great friend. I trust Zach will do good with his Cubes too. Please take some pictures and post the results, especially with the Kos.

I posted this on the Heritage Breeds thread but I thought I would ask over here too. I have the chance to choose a Breda cockeral from this group. I am actually considering getting a black and a blue. Their leg feathers have taken a beating from the mud but what do you all think of these guys?

At the age of development that they are now about the best you can say is 'they look healthy.' Until they are more mature I don't think you can comment more. With so few of these in the States, I'm not sure you can be real choosy at this point anyway.

Or take them all

Good answer! I was about to suggest the same thing. Then you'll have the ability to be picky, instead of just working with one that could end up being the inferior one of the group. :) I keep Breda boys for at least a year (once they've made it through all of my other culls) and decide after that who goes into the breeding pens. They are slow to mature, so what looks good at 6 months of age may end up being what you don't want to use by the time they are a year old. Attitude is more prevalent at that age as well, meaning you will be able to choose against any that end up being more aggressive. Good luck!!!

Doc

Do you know who imported these and when?

Back
Top Bottom