Old and Rare Breeds

I saw that cackle hatchery has red jungle fowl and they claim their stock came from the San Diego Zoo. Just thought some might find this interesting.

I saw that to, or that they were acquired from descendant of birds that came from the San Diego zoo. Then they note some variation because of different subspecies they used in creating their flock. They do not make it real clear as to what the history is.

I also saw that they claim they lay between 250 and 300 eggs per year. Are they really that prolific?

I am and always have been interested in acquiring a start in some real Jungle Fowl. I would want to know that they were in fact pure Jungle Fowl or very close.

I also wonder how resistant to disease they are. Is it safe for someone that keeps domesticated poultry to also keep Jungle Fowl.

Thank for bringing this up. Maybe Saladin can make mention of Jungle Fowl in general.

white and black marandi breed .
not forget please this birde......
see more in OLD BREEDS AZERBAIJAN MARANDI (GARA MARAND)

Hi judi
of course
Azerbaijan marandi very old breeds in Azerbaijan and worlds
HISTORY: orgin breeds Azerbaijan marand region dates back 16th century
appearance: clour black rank with green reflections ears:white feet :filled with leegs feather eggs: 200-150 in years puberty:60 5,5 weeks weight: male 3-2.5 kilo
famale 2 2.2 kilo clor eggs:light brown very resistant to cold and snow (mountian cilimates)
thay are very beautiful birds but unfortunately this breed extinction (( destruction)) without being registered in world ploutry breeds !!!
idunno.gif

we are many have tried to rescued from the danger of total destruction.

thans your comments

Hi judi
of course
appearance: clour black rank with green reflections ears:white feet :filled with leegs feather eggs: 200-150 in years puberty:60 5,5 weeks weight: male 3-2.5 kilo
famale 2 2.2 kilo clor eggs:light brown very resistant to cold and snow (mountian cilimates)
thay are very beautiful birds but unfortunately this breed extinction (( destruction)) without being registered in world ploutry breeds !!!
idunno.gif

thans your comments

What is needed to rescue this bird? Safe breeding populations away from the war zone?

Any exportation (to anywhere) of birds or hatching eggs will require the services of a veterinarian. Gathering them may require cooperation with the U.S. Army too. I used to be with the 4th Battalion Psyops. They are responsible for writing the leaflets and coming up with plans for human interaction. Also known for writing propaganda. They may be your best bet to recruit help from the Army. If they are in need of a positive pro-US Army campaign (and I can't think of a reason that they would not need this desperately) they could be convinced to help you save this little corner of your world. The Psyops soldiers are not your typical Army soldier. They have more education and they understand more than brute force violence. They are often looked at by other soldiers as red-headed step children. Your project can give them chance to make a difference and that is very important to the Psyops soldier.

You could possibly get them to set up some safer area (for what place is truly safe in a war zone) where the birds could be collected, quarantined, inspected and set up in breeding pens. You could also possibly get a program coordinated to get help caring for the birds with women who are widows and pay them in eggs. You could train them to use incubators. The soldiers of Psyops have enough skill to follow a plan to build incubators. It would be a positive campaign for them and therefore more likely that they would help you.

Once you have a breeding population set up under veterinary care it will be easier to get permission to export eggs or birds to non-war zone places.

Hi judi
of course
idunno.gif

thans your comments
Fascinating birds, place, and people. Breeds are most fascinating when they are tied directly to a time and place and culture. The ideals and ideas are reflected in the breed.

Penny Hen, that has to rank among the top pieces of advice I have ever read!

bahman, I assume there are none in the US at this time, correct? They are lovely!

Back
Top Bottom