Old and Rare Breeds

I saw that to, or that they were acquired from descendant of birds that came from the San Diego zoo. Then they note some variation because of different subspecies they used in creating their flock. They do not make it real clear as to what the history is.

I also saw that they claim they lay between 250 and 300 eggs per year. Are they really that prolific?

I am and always have been interested in acquiring a start in some real Jungle Fowl. I would want to know that they were in fact pure Jungle Fowl or very close.

I also wonder how resistant to disease they are. Is it safe for someone that keeps domesticated poultry to also keep Jungle Fowl.

Thank for bringing this up. Maybe Saladin can make mention of Jungle Fowl in general.
Understand that these are not 'pure' Jungle Fowl. Most, if not all, the Jungle Fowl in the States and elsewhere have domestic chicken in them.

As to the imports of the Marandi, this would be next to impossible in todays environment, at least to the States. First, there is the paperwork and money involved on this end. Then finding a certified vet on the other end would not be easy. Finally, there has to be a quarantine approved farm on this end to receive them.

Getting them into Europe would most likely be just as difficult.

As to the imports of the Marandi, this would be next to impossible in todays environment, at least to the States. First, there is the paperwork and money involved on this end. Then finding a certified vet on the other end would not be easy. Finally, there has to be a quarantine approved farm on this end to receive them.

Getting them into Europe would most likely be just as difficult.
We are going to look into importing more penedesenca from Spain they may not be able to export though but there is the option of semen which would be ok then we would inseminate our hens here

yes marandi , similar to the d'Uccle bantams also marandi orginal color blacks and large fowl

Though it's not likely to happen (in MY case), I've seen some awfully nice Andalusians in Spain! Is this idea of importing semen from Spain going to cost an arm and a leg? I'd like to know more about what hoops you're having to jump through and the costs involved. Please PM me with whatever information you might have. You don't live terribly far from me and it would be worth the effort to connect with you, assuming we could go together on a shipment...?

Back
Top Bottom