Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

My little broody is due to hatch on the 17th so you'll just be a few days behind. So excited to say Let the Broodys begin.
wee.gif

Yay!! Mine are due the 19th of March!! Let the countdown begin!!

Thank you Miss Lydia and BarnGoddess01! I will keep them in a window sill where it is a few degrees colder and the shape of the window frame will let them set at an angle.

I caught a glimpse of a fuzzy black butt and some grey looking legs - but didn't get to see it's head. Momma has the baby under her wing up real close to her side.

No one else has hatched yet - either in the bator or in the coop - I keep hearing occassional chirps from the bator - but no pips.

I'll check on Smokey again after lunch.

thumbsup.gif
pop.gif

I caught a glimpse of a fuzzy black butt and some grey looking legs - but didn't get to see it's head. Momma has the baby under her wing up real close to her side.

No one else has hatched yet - either in the bator or in the coop - I keep hearing occassional chirps from the bator - but no pips.

How exciting! I have read Somkeys journey the whole way the through!! I want to see some pictures of her and her little ones soon! :)

Talk about a broody Momma I think they need to rename is "Moody" Momma. I went out to give treats and she came off the nest to grab a few she ran after and grabbed 3 silkies for no reason! Then she picked up a few more treats then headed back to her lair/ nest! LOL I hate to see it if she hatches some babies!

Is it okay to keep lifting up Smokey's feathers and peeking under her - or should I just leave her alone for a couple of days? I know she's hatched that one AM and I think there must be a new Wellie under her by now too.

I know you can't open the bator when you're in lockdown - so I didn't know if maybe lifting her is like opening the bator?

Back
Top Bottom