OMG!!! First Game Cam pic ever. Huge Funny thread

Quote:
The ear not only look pointed to me, they look like they have black tips - very bobcat-like.

The spots(I tried searching for Bobcat without spots came up with nothing)

Take a look at this photo:

http://www.junglewalk.com/photos/search-bobcat-pictures-I3697.htm
Many individuals have little to on pattern to them.

The tail

Tail length varies greatly on bobcats. Someone on here have mentioned they can have tails up to 3' long. I don't know about that, but I do know they can be much longer on some individuals.

The puffynish around his face(I believe Tufts)

The game cam cat looks like it has cheek tufts to me. Hard to say how large they are at that angle, but they certainly look like they're there. Even so, I believe it looks even more like a domestic cat than a bobcat and very little like a cougar.​

Wow, 30 pages! For those that are still grasping at straws and trying to prove that this isn't a domesticated cat, how do you explain the HUGE white spot on the side of it's neck? There are no wild cats that have this color pattern, only domestic cats.

Hmmmmmmm......Ya know with further investigation of the pic I am starting to lean more toward Bobcat or just a big domestic kitty.....

Quote:
Where did you get that info[feral cats larger than pampered, well fed domestic cats]? I have to say i find it hard to believe your source. I've worked with lots of feral cats, and know many who have worked with more. They actually tend to be a little smaller than the average house cat. [healthy at 6 - 8 lbs vs the 8-12 pounds most pet cats should carry but many do not]/ And i am talking about bone structure and not just fat on their bones.

just so you know but there is a big difference between wild cats and feral cats , feral cats are domestic cats. feral cat is a cat that has either gone feral do to no human contact i.e. had been abandoned for many years or was birthed by a feral cat and never had human contact. the things people mistake for very small mountainlions or cat /bob crosses are small wild cats (i dont remember their name)they are larger then domestic cats and hunt the same as montainlions and such just on a way smaller scale. they are short haired tho so they dont have tufts.

Last edited:
Quote:
When I used the word "wild", it wasn't as a proper name, but as a description of a domestic cat - gone "wild". From my internet searches there appears to be no evidence of hybrid domestic/wild cats of any type with the exception of Jungle Cats to domestics. They are the same genus and capable in interbreeding. These Jungle Cat/domestic hybrids are kept by people making this a real possibility in this situation. The Jungle Cats look a lot like a Lynx (they call them swamp lynx in places).

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Cat

Wow. Still going on. Our cam was set for 1 pic every 5 minutes when the cat shot was taken. We have since changed it to one shot every 1 minute, but have not had a single other image recorded since the raccoons. (Alleged raccoons, could have been Zorro...) We did see some regular old house cat prints in the snow around front of our house a couple days ago, along with pheasant and rabbit tracks, but the snow is all melted due to rain.

Back
Top Bottom