One day old chick

tracyjg

Songster
Jun 25, 2015
lv nv
looks like she may have a little blockage in butt but it's to high to get with warm water Vaseline or oil please help she tired

Make sure she is drinking plenty of water by dipping her beak over the next several hours. A QTip with oil can be just barely inserted into the vent gently. How hot is your brooder temperature?

She has a heat lamp at the moment with her two sisters. I have dipped her beak into water every time I pass by our laundry room. I constantly passing by when I do choices in house. Can you explain the oil thing in more detail I am new to these. What kind of oil and where do I but it.

Ok I have done these yesterday and two day olive oil on there butt area all over.and the water thing. When will she do these on her own. The others will go a little bit to go get water and food. I still dip there beaks in water. And oil there butts also.

Make sure the heat is 90 degrees F for the first week with a thermometer on the floor under the heat lamp, with a cooler area to escape to. Decrease the temperature by raising the lamp 5 degrees each week. Many chicks get pasty butt or constipation from shipping stress and dehydration, but it usually clears up after the first week. I wouldn't overdo the oiling, and just let them try to go on their own, but keep the vents clean once a day if pasted up.

Back
Top Bottom