Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
At least when I get these rows together, I can take it off the wall and not be afraid of it falling on my head. I'll play with it and see what I can come up with. The baby isn't due until May anyway.

With that much time I would set it aside for a while and go back to it later with fresh eyes...and you may come across another fabric you like for it in the meantime also.

With that much time I would set it aside for a while and go back to it later with fresh eyes...and you may come across another fabric you like for it in the meantime also.

'Tis true. I'm going to get all these rows together and continue on the stars quilt for awhile. Won't take long to quilt the baby quilt at all once it's together.

Ugh, I missed this yesterday! Cyn, that pink looks amazing
thumbsup.gif

The pink does look amazing!

Be sure to let us know how you finish it off Cyn.

Sorry I'm late replying. Due to violent storms and whatever happened locally, our power went out about 5:30 p.m. yesterday and was not restored until around 4 a.m. this morning. Even before that, the modems, TVs, computers, etc, were all turned off because, even with the power backup/surge protectors, we've lost equipment.

I did finish getting the pink setting and corner triangles on the baby quilt, though! I put one of darker rose fabrics up on the edge to test for a possible small border/frame.

And the other one so far. All blocks are complete, just testing arrangement. Each block will finish less than 8" so it won't be a large quilt, though hard to tell on the wall this way. And, then, will have to pick a border for this one, but it can be a lot of things, so many colors in here. I used lots of different scraps. I want to do a log cabin using all the strips I've cut for other quilts that are just sitting around, no matter their width.

Morning Cyn, glad you got your power back. I always forget how much we depend on it until it's gone. Hope the storms are done in your area.

I like the dark rose against the pink, it looks feminine without being too little girlish. I know it's for a baby, but babies grow up as we all know.

Thanks for sharing your quilt-making, it's fun to see the progress on them!

Morning Cyn, glad you got your power back. I always forget how much we depend on it until it's gone. Hope the storms are done in your area.

I like the dark rose against the pink, it looks feminine without being too little girlish. I know it's for a baby, but babies grow up as we all know.

Thanks for sharing your quilt-making, it's fun to see the progress on them!

I really don't like actual baby quilts with baby prints. That limits their use. I mean a kid will stop carrying around a quilt with baby bottle prints eventually. A little girl can have this on her bed or a chair forever.

I really don't like actual baby quilts with baby prints. That limits their use. I mean a kid will stop carrying around a quilt with baby bottle prints eventually. A little girl can have this on her bed or a chair forever.

That was my thought...I can see a little girl keeping that quilt around for years.

Cynthia, that pink is gorgeous!

I'm nearly done with my quilt and planning to visit a fabric shop in a nearby town next week for supplies for the next one. I decided on the colours I want for this one and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have for me. I had a quick look in there a few months ago when I popped in and they are well stocked! Their prices are great too, compared to the other quilting supplies shop I visited a few years back.

Cynthia, that pink is gorgeous!

I'm nearly done with my quilt and planning to visit a fabric shop in a nearby town next week for supplies for the next one. I decided on the colours I want for this one and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have for me. I had a quick look in there a few months ago when I popped in and they are well stocked! Their prices are great too, compared to the other quilting supplies shop I visited a few years back.

I hope you'll share with us what your finished quilt looks like (and the new fabric too)!

Back
Top Bottom