Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
I do still believe the brick red or brownish red will work well also. I think a soft pattern would be ok, but a busy one would be too much against all the patterns on the front.
I agree. Hopefully, Walmart will have something suitable. Maybe I should take the quilt with me when I go to be sure. Not sure I'll get there tonight. Storm coming in soon.

Very nice Cyn! I really like how the lavender binding looks against the rabbit print.

Thanks, happy to have at least one finished. Working on the backing for the half-log-cabin rose and teal one now. The other one, the scrappy log cabin lap quilt, will have to take a back seat until I can find backing. I just have nothing here, not even to piece, for that.

I am in the middle of quilting this one:

And I am doing an order from Thousands of Bolts. Thinking about the manly wonky log cabin lap quilt, I was considering buying a yard of 108" quilt backing from there, cutting it in half lengthwise and sewing it back together so it was 54" wide and 72" long-that would cover the back of the quilt with extra. I can't find a cost-effective "manly" or rather un-floral, backing, nor a proper deep gold color, but they have this one for $9.95/yard. It's less than 2 yards of a normal width fabric. It can be pulled to the front as binding over the brown border, too. Maybe not perfect, but hey, it was an off-the-cuff project anyway.

It also comes in these colors, but I like the dark brick red better for this, I think. The gold is too tan, IMO.

Last edited:
That dark brick red will look great with that quilt. I agree that the gold is too light.

The hearts quilt turned out wonderful.

Thanks for the input! I have a $50 order from Thousands of Bolts and my skinflint side is not wanting to pull the trigger. My practical side says I will never find all those fabrics at Walmart and can't afford them at a quilt shop so $6.95 shipping that is included in that total is no big deal. Beats running around from Walmart to Walmart, wasting gasoline, seeing the same old stuff and none of it what I need. Here is my order, trying the screen shot thing to see if it takes. Used to not be there when I hit submit. Let's see.... Still didn't get the bottom fabric in there. Nope, won't work, darn it.

Last edited:
I finished the rose-and-teal half log cabin quilt. I used a mid-loft batting, but not sure I liked that at all. For use as a baby quilt, it would be a tad heavy, IMO. It sure is poufy, though.

Backing pieced from pinks I had on hand. The center one I got on sale for $2.50/yd, nice fabric, too.

Cyn, your rose and teal quilt is beautiful!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom