Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
Love the 3D effect and the colors are great!

Thanks, I like that, too. The next round, the colors will be darker started at the first round so it should intensify the effect. One of the fabrics, a steel gray, has tiny birds and branches, but you can't see that unless you look closely. LOVE that fabric! The series is Red Rooster, so two pluses, LOL

I had a bit of catching up to do here. Cyn, those finished quilts are absolutely amazing! And I love the fabric for the new project too.

I had a bit of catching up to do here. Cyn, those finished quilts are absolutely amazing! And I love the fabric for the new project too.
Thank you, sumi. Here is where I'm going with the next round-I think the even darker look will visually push the middle of the quilt forward even more. Back to chicken chaos outside for a bit before I can continue.

That's amazing Cyn, love that look!

Glad you like it, Debby. I find that I have to be very precise in piecing so when the rounds come together, they meet up exactly. It's not perfect, but not too shabby. I'll see when I start actually putting them together. It's not very forgiving doing it this way.

Glad you like it, Debby. I find that I have to be very precise in piecing so when the rounds come together, they meet up exactly. It's not perfect, but not too shabby. I'll see when I start actually putting them together. It's not very forgiving doing it this way.

Have you made one like this before?

I really like the colors you used. It's kind of restful looking with pops of red.

Have you made one like this before?

I really like the colors you used. It's kind of restful looking with pops of red.

The rose and teal one is the exact same block, just arranged differently. But, this arrangement? No, never. I like the grays, too. I could do one with grays into grayish greens into sage greens. I'd probably use a different color center, though.

Last edited:
The grays, grayish greens and sage would be a wonderful color combination.

Back
Top Bottom