Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

I am curious what you use between layers.
I had just regular cotton batting. I worry it will act oddly when I launder the bag.

Have you used fusable fleece?

Maybe I need to embroider the sides some.....

I am curious what you use between layers.
I had just regular cotton batting. I worry it will act oddly when I launder the bag.

Have you used fusable fleece?

Maybe I need to embroider the sides some.....

I use cotton batting if it will have enough stitching on it. I have never used fusible fleece, though the bag I'm making now calls for it, however, this one will have quilting and inside pockets so still using the cotton batting. This cotton batting doesn't need stitching super close together. There is also fusible batting, which I've used in past years.

I swear, if I do another pattern with incorrect instructions, GRRRR! This time, I caught it early on and did it correctly. But, here is the latest tote bag, other than something to use as a secure closure and the stiff, removable piece to stabilize the base.
DSC02572.JPG
DSC02573.JPG

I also made this one:
DSC02558.JPG

And have a table runner pieced to coordinate with the Autumn Roosters throw quilt
DSC02570.JPG

I swear, if I do another pattern with incorrect instructions, GRRRR! This time, I caught it early on and did it correctly. But, here is the latest tote bag, other than something to use as a secure closure and the stiff, removable piece to stabilize the base.
View attachment 1539167 View attachment 1539168

I also made this one:
View attachment 1539169

And have a table runner pieced to coordinate with the Autumn Roosters throw quilt
View attachment 1539170

I really like your fabric choices! Those all look very nice.

That is an awesome use of the big button.

You have been a busy lady! Wonderful totes! Hope you didnt get too much rain from the storm in your part of the mountains...

Thanks. No, not too much, really. Hardly any wind at all, either. The path veered back to the north rather than come west like they thought it would at one point so the very outermost part of the outer band barely touched us.

My husband finally started back to work on my drop-in sewing table and he enlarged the hole to fit my Janome 7700. He will put in that piece of MDF for the shelf and we're getting some bolts today to attach it and some clear spray polyurethane to finish the top and make it slick.

We're going to a nearby town to pick up a used 48" oak vanity with top and sink to replace the one in the basement that the former owner made himself with particle board covered in laminate (not at all pretty, blech, though functional). The basement bathroom has not been touched since we moved in. Need to put a surround on the shower, replace the toilet, which is the oddest one I've ever seen, has a super wide rim on it; then, we need to install this vanity and put in a floor. There is an actual tile surround in the shower and as a baseboard in the bathroom down there which we'll never match, but the floor is just stick on vinyl tiles on the concrete floor. Weird. I also want to replace the entire tub and surround unit in the main bathroom with a slightly larger tub and real tile surround. That didn't get replaced after the fire and it's so, so narrow and ugly almond colored from the 90's.

Attachments

• DSC02576.JPG
    DSC02576.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC02577.JPG
    DSC02577.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom