Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Moving heavy awkward furniture sounds like not so much fun.
Your new drop down table will be really nice to use though.

My space could use some fixing up......
I need to organize it.

I am happy for you with that new table!

Moving heavy awkward furniture sounds like not so much fun.
Your new drop down table will be really nice to use though.

My space could use some fixing up......
I need to organize it.

I am happy for you with that new table!

Thanks, my friend. Seems I'm always moving heavy stuff in that room. If no one buys that, I may have to give it away. It's in spectacular shape for 25 years old, a style that is not out of style, but no one seems to want it or can't come to get it. At least, I can move it closer to the door so it's easier to get out of the room when the time comes, which leaves it easy to get my cutting table back closer to my machines. I think I can set up both the Janome and the Brother with the new arrangement.

My most awesomest husband did this all for me. :loveThat is my mother's sewing bench. Rather than buy a $200, flimsy particle board table and spend another $90 on an acrylic insert made for my machine to fill in the space, he found this $80 solid pine small, 30x50 dining table and for a couple of pieces of wood for the shelf, a few screws, washers and a little sweat equity (and his poor aching back), I have a very sturdy table for my big gal. I just removed the legs from the Janome extension table and it sits there perfectly. He did cap off the screws so my legs wouldn't be ripped up.
DSC02590.JPG
DSC02591.JPG
DSC02592.JPG

I have to show my hubby the your new table, it looks perfect!
I have been telling my DH that is what I want, and he keeps saying we need to buy a lift system to install the sewing machine into.
I saw one like yours, only the piece of tabletop that was removed could be placed back in the opening to make it back into a flat table top if needed for a different craft activity or making puzzles.

Any thoughts on a Brother VQ3000?

I found a used one with table for a reasonable(ish) price.

It has an 11.25" throat. ..... Last serviced a year ago.

Did I mention my singer cannot even zig zag without issues? It also choked on sewing blocks together where there were just 6 layers of fabric.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on a Brother VQ3000?

I found a used one with table for a reasonable(ish) price.

It has an 11.25" throat. ..... Last serviced a year ago.

Did I mention my singer cannot even zig zag without issues? It also choked on sewing blocks together where there were just 6 layers of fabric.

That is a nice machine. DuckLady (Terrie) had a Dreamweaver, maybe she can tell you more about it. I've never used one.

The demo model was an VQ2400 at the store. Man oh man the things that machine could do!

The VQ3000 I found is on craigslist......no contact info for them though so may be a mute point.

The store hasn't sent the list of the used units so.......maybe they have something similar there.

I just know the singer was a bad purchase.

Back
Top Bottom