Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. You sound busy. Our pigs never escaped we only have two and made a good sized pen for them. We cut the bottom of the hog panels so there were spikes an shoved into good and stapled it to 4x4's. I have had 8 chickens broody over this summer, with the last two with clutches 1 week old. I love to hatch and I am collecting eggs now from first, second, and third generation Olive eggers and whatever d'Uccle egg laid. All cull's and unwanted birds go to auction, that is how I found the right amount where I'm working on a few breeds and variety. Hope all goes well with you mammogram.

DH helped me install the rest of the clips on the fence, so now I need to string wire. One gate to install, and the ground rods. The pigs will be thrilled to get out of their pen.
All my tests came back normal, so I guess all is well except the aches and pains. I did manage to clean up a bunch of fallen branches and litter in the fox hollow pasture, then burnt it so the pigs don't scatter it when they are rooting around.
DH says we can go to FL in Oct. , so I am looking forward to that.

Hi Deb.Glad to hear that all of the test are normal.We are going to Chicago to a wedding that all of my wife's kin are going to and we are staying a week to see all the sights.I have been going to a lot of chickens sale and selling down all of my culls.But of course i have been coming back with more chickens.My latest are banty black javas which i have only heard of but have never seen.I got 19 of them which came from a well know breeder,One of my new hamp pullets that i sold to someone else won best large fowl at the Tulsa state fair.I'm still setting some eggs but just not as many.Of course my feed bill is out of control .I'm not on byc much any more i have joined 4 face book chicken groups that keep me busy.

Does one of those groups have a 2 woed name? Initials SC?

I am glad to hear that all of your tests came back normal, Deb. I think of you often.

Sorry I am out of state right now, my neighbor is taking care of the chickens. We saw the grandkids yesterday, they sure have grown. Trying to get my Aunts condo painted so it can be rented or sold. She is in an Alzheimers unit.

Nope but need too. Going to get the runs ready for winter soon. The weather has been nice here too. It's time I get all the coops and runs cleaned out again........ A chicken momma's work is never done. LOL

I don't seem to be able to send pms, but am still getting some. My SS quit laying when I got home from my trip, but hopefully they will start up again soon. We painted two bedrooms, the hallway and the dining and livingrooms my aunts condo. Maybe they will find someone interested in buying it. We got the hotwire done and the ground rod in. The solar hot box is charging , and DH installed the gate. He cut down 4 trees for firewood, so there is quite a pile. Moved some chickens to a tractor from the brooder today. Taking the cat to the vet tomorrow , some problem with her foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom