Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

As much as I hate to say it, I hope it doesn't drag out. It's hard to lose a loved one, but even harder to have it stretch out ! My prayers are with you,

Sometimes life presents us with questions to which there are never any answers. Why does someone get sick? Why does aging so often rob us of our dignity? Why is someone taken from us? Like everyone else I have thought long and hard on trying to come up with the answers and there are none.

The only thing we can do is take solace in the fact that our lives are richer because of them and the time we were able to share. May God open his arms to embrace them.

rrrmamma, you are in my thoughts.
hugs.gif

I hate rainy weather. It's hard to find much motivation and the day seems to drag on and on. Yesterday was one of those days that seemed to have several extra hours. Just couldn't seem to get anything accomplished and it seemed that the day would never end. The surprising thing is how tired I felt when I had done so little. Sometimes doing absolutely nothing is exhausting.

We have had a remarkable week of sunshine and dry weather this week and today is no exception. The thermometer is nudging towards 70 degrees today! Someone needs to pinch me and remind me this is March in Scotland because I don't believe it any more! The kids are running around in shorts and tees complaining of being too hot. It's crazy, but crazy suits me down to the ground so no complaints from me! :D

Thistle, I hope that the good weather will last for you. We have been breaking all kinds of records for things like the highest recorded March temp, the highest number of consecutive days above 70, etc. Now that many of the flowers and trees are blooming or budded out we have below freezing temperatures coming.

It was beautiful but cool this morning.

Had to sell and give away those Welsummer chicks I got from a lovely lady out in KS, they simply just didn't get along with my Spitzhauben girls. It got to the point of being bloody, even they were not in there for 24 hours and plenty of room for them to run around. Glad the guy came and got them. I can come over and see them anytime on his farm! He is going to fatten those roos up and eat them.

Got alot accomplished while hubby was in WV. With him out of the way (sorry, hubby!), I can get the house and yard in order. First we tore down the carport, installed shelves in dd's closet, hauled wood and garbage we had stashed in the basement (hubby has a habit bringing things in and never used them), I'm doing the spring cleaning, taking out clothes I have not wore in a year or two or can't fit anymore. Traveled to Effingham to pick up chicks. Prep the basement to have a guy come in and install one of the basement windows. The mold were unbelievable! When we pulled the plastic sheeting off the windows, we found cushion foam against the window and on the outside, peeled off the wood cover, ack! They put fiberglass insulation!!! That is the worse thing they did and I could not believe anyone would do such a thing like that! No wonder the window sill was rotted out! The mold was THICK on those "paddings"...yeah, we were stupid for not wearing masks! I hate to see my parents come down with something bad! Then tons of trash hauled out. Now the basement looks good but the floor will have to be taken up. Not looking forward in doing that but I'll leave it another day! I dont know how much more a house can settle, found hairline cracks where the window and going down....ugh! This house was built in 1941 so I hope it will be good for another 30 to 40 years.

Scored a lucky draw...my next door neighbor sold me a HUGE and HEAVY rabbit hutch for $20 and move it by taking it over the fence LOL! A few fixes of putting on a new roof and new legs, it will be ready for my chickies!

Phew, its work but Opa, be glad those raining days will let you "rest" for a bit. I would use that to my advantage!

Today the sun has come out and the temperature is in the high 60s. I managed to repair the piping on the nipple waterer in the grow out tractor and put the ISA browns in it. I'll have to take them out and put them back under a light tonight, as the temperature is supposed to fall dramatically. I don't think they are feathered out enough to handle 30 degrees.

I got tired just reading about how much work EweSheep has done. Think I need a nap.

((((((((((rrrmamma))))))))))

Been through what you're going through with both parents. It's tough. Glad you found some help. Sending good thoughts your way.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom