Oregon Fall Poultry Swap! 9/25/10 11am **all details on first post!*

caf.gif

My Little Sister's Farm :

So wish driving that far was feasible. I need something in the PDX/Wash Co area. I do need pullets this fall though, if anyone's got large fowl, any breed, brown and green egg layers.

If a swap did come up in this area I would so bring buffalo meat to trade! Laying hens, and some muscovy ducks. (Maybe even some peacocks.

The spring swap will be up this way, if you can't make a drive that far...
wink.png

My Little Sister's Farm :

So wish driving that far was feasible. I need something in the PDX/Wash Co area. I do need pullets this fall though, if anyone's got large fowl, any breed, brown and green egg layers.

If a swap did come up in this area I would so bring buffalo meat to trade! Laying hens, and some muscovy ducks. (Maybe even some peacocks.

If you want, I can stop by the farm on my way back from school on 9/24, take your buffalo meat to the swap, and bring you back some birds.​

Update from me too! I found a Gold Laced Wyandotte rooster and a Speckled Sussex Rooster.

I will be bringing fresh goat cheese (chevre's, queso blanco and feta) for the potluck (and maybe some extra to swap)
as well as some sort of bread or crackers.

Still looking for Silver Laced Wyandottes, Columbian Wyandottes, Buckeye pullets or hens, pied peafowl or pied guineas, RIR hens, Gold Laced Wyandotte hens, Black Copper marans chicks, hens, pullets or eggs, Blue Marans (with feathered shanks), pheasants.

Is anybody attending Lane County Fair in August? It's a great place to see an assortment of poultry. I am showing 24 chickens and 56 goats.

Also, I apologize for my detailed description about Livestock Guardian Dogs, I am very passionate about our critters and I figure if I can keep anyone from going through the same trauma as I did loosing my chickens, it's worth a try.

We are very excited about the swap.

Jen

OregonJen, When is the Lane County Fair? I would love to see the poultry! And I was happy to hear all about the LGDs for obvious reasons, I hope you didn't get warned because it was off topic. If so, and I have questions before the swap, I'll PM them.
smile.png

I am going to the Corvallis fair because it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much cheaper!!
wink.png

I am entering 9 of my birds there so I am excited. It runs the 4th thru the 7th of August.

Oh yes and I am very interested oregonjen on that Speckled Sussex roo! Are you gonna be in town to drop him off?
smile.png

Let me know or PM me. Oh yes and a pic would be GREAT!

Ohhh zoo!

what kind of chickens are you bringing?!?!?!

Ok here is a rundown of what I am bringing

My trio of Milies
RIR hen
Lt Brahma hen (cleaned her up, but she is still DIRTY) LOL
Buff Orp
White Orp
Barred rock
and
Bantam Buff Brahma

What time are you going to do the drop off? We could meet up?
smile.png

Excited!
smile.png

Quote:
Oops, sorry, I'm not bringing any birds - I just hang out there all day lol. I thought about bringing my Seramas but just didn't get off my butt in time. I had a hard enough time getting my biscuits and cheesecake ready to enter today
lol.png
Would still like to meet up with you if want....I'll be there Thursday all day. Can't wait to see your chickens too
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom