Oxytetracyline and Tetracycline Powder Doses

Quote: I made a wild guess that the average weight of that group is around 1500 grams (1.5 kg each).

1.5 kg x 30 = 45 kg flock weight

3 grams of Tylan = 3000 mg

45 kg x 132 mg/kg (using the turkey amount instead of the chicken amount) = 5940 mg per day. Since they drink two gallons per day, the one teaspoon per gallon amount will work.

If I have underestimated their weight by too much, then more medication will be needed. Does that help and make sense?

-Kathy

I made a wild guess that the average weight of that group is around 1500 grams (1.5 kg each).

1.5 kg x 30 = 45 kg flock weight

3 grams of Tylan = 3000 mg

45 kg x 132 mg/kg (using the turkey amount instead of the chicken amount) = 5940 mg per day. Since they drink two gallons per day, the one teaspoon per gallon amount will work.

If I have underestimated their weight by too much, then more medication will be needed. Does that help and make sense?

-Kathy

Yep, pretty much as I figured. Thank you very much!

I have a tetracycline antibiotic called Tetratex that is 250 mg per teaspoon. They say for small birds to use 1 tsp for 8 oz of water and large birds 2 tsp per 8 oz water. I have 4&5 week old chicks with CRD and am mixing this with Denagard. I am questioning how much should I add for the chicks. I was thinking 2 tsp for a half gallon of water? I don't want to make a whole gallon due to needing to mix each day fresh and as it is half of this will most likely be wasted. Can anyone advise as to a recommended dose?

Thank you
I have pictures but can't figure out how to attach here.

If I am coming down with a sore throat....what should my dosage be?
For people:
Chronic Bronchitis, Acute Exacerbation
500 mg PO q6hr

Acne
250-500 mg PO q12hr

Ehrlichiosis
500 mg PO q6hr for 7-14 days

Vibrio Cholera
500 mg PO q6hr for 3 days

Malaria, Severe Treatment (Unlabeled)
500 mg PO q6hr for 7 days with quinidine gluconate

Back