Pallet coop progress Pics

I feel you there. I am really struggling with the run part of the coop process and stalled out, daughters bday tomorrow and party on Saturday followed by a crap load of rain....sigh,...17 house chickens?!? :D;) lol!!! Feel better!!

I feel you there. I am really struggling with the run part of the coop process and stalled out, daughters bday tomorrow and party on Saturday followed by a crap load of rain....sigh,...17 house chickens?!?
big_smile.png
;) lol!!! Feel better!!

I haven't even started the run yet LOL My chicks are 3 weeks old and I got 27 of them :) There next to my wifes dining room table. I'll keep them inside the house for 8 weeks total. Then they need to go out. She'll keep me busy with other things until they start taking over the house :) Then it is main priority LOL

Ok feeling better . Got more done today Did the pop door. It came ot good just need to get the pully and cable :)

The obove is open

Below is closed. Not sure how the pics came out ? My glasses got stepped on
somad.gif

Chickens cant wait for me to finish
old.gif

Finished putting on the 2x6x12 Almost ready for the plywood

Put a 2x6 on the pallet so the wall suports for the roof can go next

Its starting to look like a coop

Still got a ways to go
pop.gif

old.gif
caf.gif
For the most part your Coop is looking good.I've seen ideas in it that I want to use on my pallet coop that I'm starting.If possible could you take a picture of the inside where the window is cut in.I'm using pallets on the floor,wall,and ceiling.I know that I am going to have to do some 2x work for attaching and such,but I want it as cost effective as I can.I plan on putting pictures on as I go.I hope you are feeling and keep up the good work.

Inside of most pallets are 2x4's. after you take the pallets apart there are usually three, sometimes four, If you take one side of the slats off you can use these 2x4's as a frame for your windows.If they are too big, you can add some from ones you've already taken apart, too small remove one of them. If you take care in taking off the slats this wood can be used for trim aroung windows and doors. post pics when you start your build

old.gif
caf.gif
For the most part your Coop is looking good.I've seen ideas in it that I want to use on my pallet coop that I'm starting.If possible could you take a picture of the inside where the window is cut in.I'm using pallets on the floor,wall,and ceiling.I know that I am going to have to do some 2x work for attaching and such,but I want it as cost effective as I can.I plan on putting pictures on as I go.I hope you are feeling and keep up the good work.

I will take more pics but the window I have was from someone throwing it away. Its in good shape but not a normal window. It just needed 4 screws to install. Later on Ill take a pic to give you an idea of what I have
ep.gif
The pics im sending in a few . The window isnt quite done.

I finished the pop door with a pully inside and out. It slide nice
celebrate.gif

This is the inside pully

Finaly back wall roof braces are done.

If my wife lets me ill work on the door today. She wants me to do less but at the same time she wants her dining room back. My doctor says I have stress but I dont see it LOL
lau.gif
. This is where im at now.

Ill post that pic of the window later. I'm going to try to get something done but this might be a rest day or a wife day if I want to stay married.
hide.gif

old.gif
I know what you mean on the wife part.I like what I see on the frame work.Make sure that while you are building that you put in enough ventilation.I don't want to sound bossy but I don't know what you know and I just want to give friendly advice.The way the poop door is in looks great.I seen some of the window installment and I get the idea.The coop in my avatar is made mostly of salvaged materials.I need to expand it so I'm constructing it out of a different material.Looking forward seeing it done.You take it easy.

Back
Top Bottom