Papa's Poultry Review

I ordered some Autosexing chicks from Papa's, and they arrived last Thursday, healthy and chirping. I ordered 6, and 11 arrived... One did die a few hours after arrival, but I think it got chilled...I had to leave for a work issue, and when I got back it was not under the Eco-glo with the others. So, that is on me, not Papas.
Anyway, the remaining chicks are doing great, eating up a storm and running all around the brooder. We have cream legbars, choc. Orpingtons, rhodebars, and an olive egger. Communication was wonderful. I would absolutely order from Papaspoultry again.
Also, the chicks came all the way to VA from CA, and he did a great job with the shipping. I could not believe how quickly they arrived, and how healthy and active they all appeared on arrival. I will post pictures as they get bigger. LOVE these chicks.

How are your birds? You ordered almost exactly what I am about to put an order in for, the only difference being we are getting blue orps, not Browns!

How are your birds? You ordered almost exactly what I am about to put an order in for, the only difference being we are getting blue orps, not Browns!

My chickens are great! They are all beautiful, healthy birds. Five of them are now laying--- we are pretty excited, since it has been a while since we had fresh eggs. I was worried that we would have to wait until spring, when the days start to get longer!

Oh good!  How are their personalities?   

They are all somewhat skittish, though the rhodebars and cream legbars will eat out of my hands. The chocolate orps are beautiful, but they are the most standoffish. Not sure why, we raised them from chicks and handled them quite a bit. I have buff orpingtons from another source (Valley Hatchery), and they follow me around like puppies. I was hoping the chocolate orps might have similar temperaments, but that is not the case.

My babies from my shipped eggs. Bought 6 BCM (received 8) and 4 EE (received 6)
All my BCM hatched and 3 EE. Here is my project frizzle EE at 2 weeks! So excited!
[/URL]

And one BCM at a few days old.
How are the quality on the BCM you ordered from Papa's Poultry. I am looking into order some soon along with some BBS wyandottes. How is the egg color from your marans?

We are planning on ordering some blue and lavender Orpingtons from Papas Poultry, we are hoping for very calm, personable birds.  How is the temperament of your Orps?

My chocolate orps are fluffy and beautiful, and are relatively calm. Oddly, however, they are the least personable; unlike the rhodebars and the cream legbars, they will not eat out of my hand.

My chocolate orps are fluffy and beautiful, and are relatively calm. Oddly, however, they are the least personable; unlike the rhodebars and the cream legbars, they will not eat out of my hand.

I have a 2 month old chocolate orp cockerel & he is quite calm. My lemon cuckoo cockerel is stunningly gorgeous but a bit aggressive. Trying to decide his fate. :)

I've done it again . . .

I took advantange of Papa Poultry's Black Friday sale and have some hatching eggs on the way this spring!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to put them under a broody, but will have an incubator ready.

Ordered: Cream Legbar, Partridge Brahma, Olive Egger and Tobunt Polish.

Can't wait!!
Hi there, I realize that this is an old post but I was wondering if you could tell me how your partridge brahmas turned out especially if you ended up with all splash or with a good variety. I have just had a hatch from Papas Poultry (disastrous due to a lousy incubator experience) but managed to hatch one of my brahmas and the chick is yellow. Folks on the brahma thread think possibly a splash but I wanted to know from anyone else who ordered the partridge brahma. Also, how did your cream legbars turn out? Thanks for the time.

Back
Top Bottom