Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Quote:
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks! I can't take credit for knowing too much, but I read a lot on this forum, get an idea who knows their stuff (ie dickhorstman for rocks, dawg53 for worms, Chris09 for SoP) and keep a careful eye out for them and their advice.

See if you can get eggs (if you have the resources to hatch your own) or chicks from DFCottage. She has absolutely stunning partridge and silver penciled rocks. I believe her avatar is one of her SPR.

I'm not sure if Dick Horstman has SPRs, but you could drop him a line. His handle is dickhorstman. You'll find him here and around the forum. He recently posted on this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=609791 and you can PM him from there.

ETA: Congrats on your first pullet egg! She's beautiful. Where did you get her? My two are Meyer Hatchery stock but turned out nicely. I'm so looking forward to snatching up some of Tyler's culls for a better quality backyard flock
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments. I do not consider myself an expert on anything. I learn something new everyday and many times find that things I thought I knew I really didnt. If this were an exact science it would be easy.

Quote:
Hi dick..and thanks blaze...I do hatch! I have some NH in right now in lock down. So dick, do you ever sell the eggs? I am loving the Rocks, and the penciled is an amazing color..my two favs..the partridge and the penciled.

Ok, dick, just went to your site..beautiful birds! Keep my name in mind here, and when you have some penciled rock's eggs...let me know would you? Thanks!

Quote:
The ones I have from Dick Horstman lay almost everyday nice large eggs sometimes huge they are 8 months old and beautiful and I might take my cockerel to Stockton and show him just to get him out my hens let the turkeys remove their tail feathers so I'll have to wait on showing them and I ordered more chicks they are stunning JMHO

Ok, so you saw my first very large egg from my girl, the second one was almost as large, the third also large, then, this happened with the 4th and today the 5th..yes, I am silly, but I have kept count. I think she is getting into the hang of laying more often, and her body must be saying, ok, enough of the large ones for a while, because hers are now only a bit larger than my bantams! The first egg is from a leghorn, the second from my Ameruaucana, the third is the Partridge, and the the last from my cochin bantam. I hope she gives a little bigger after a while. That was pretty exciting getting those first two big eggs, I think she will eventually lay like the second and third egg she laid, like I said, they were pretty good sized, just not like that first one!
001-16.jpg

Quote:
The ones I have from Dick Horstman lay almost everyday nice large eggs sometimes huge they are 8 months old and beautiful and I might take my cockerel to Stockton and show him just to get him out my hens let the turkeys remove their tail feathers so I'll have to wait on showing them and I ordered more chicks they are stunning JMHO

I have some sivler penciled coming from Dick next week!
smile.png

Quote:

smile.png

Congrats on the chicks pictures are a requirement when they arrive mine are coming the end of January

Quote:
smile.png

Congrats on the chicks pictures are a requirement when they arrive mine are coming the end of January

Ooops...eggs are coming from Dick..but I will put up pictures of the babies when they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom