Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
That could be the case with mine - here "she" is - the forefront eating - that is an EE hen dark brown behind her and a Welsummer Roo ... then the rest of the flock to the right.

so ? Hen or Roo ???

That could be the case with mine - here "she" is - the forefront eating - that is an EE hen dark brown behind her and a Welsummer Roo ... then the rest of the flock to the right.

so ? Hen or Roo ???
How old is He?

Leaning towards Cockerel for this one. There is not as much Leghorn in that one--the tail is set better.

Metella, Yours looks almost exactly like mine! How old is yours? Mine is 15 or 16 weeks now. She's still really small too. I have since purchased a "real" Partridge Rock 12 week old pullet and they look completely different so I know now that I was taken advantage of. I'm curious what color egg she'll end up laying if she's crossed with a leghorn.

Metella,  Yours looks almost exactly like mine!  How old is yours?  Mine is 15 or 16 weeks now.  She's still really small too.  I have since purchased a "real" Partridge Rock 12 week old pullet and they look completely different so I know now that I was taken advantage of.  I'm curious what color egg she'll end up laying if she's crossed with a leghorn.  

The egg should be a light brown.

I hope you get your first egg soon!

Post a picture here when you get one please.

HI .... yes, I know sexing is not 100% ... but it seems I got a huge % of mistakes this year, and I paid extra for some rare breeds to start to decide if I wanted to go that way for a main flock .... but I expected it to be a PURE of whatever I ordered. So I also feel a little taken advantage of.

I'm not sure of the age ....Got it I THINK in Mid-April so maybe 12-14 weeks ?????

I am Sooooooo hoping it turns into a very combed-out hen - I'd like a light brown egg to mix with the others.

Keep us posted if she is a she or if it's a he. My vote is pullet. If people said roo on you, I'm worried about mine, although she seems very hen-ish to me and the saddle feathers are rounded. Here's a picture of the so-called PR and the real Partridge Rock I got. They're the same size and the real PR is 3 weeks younger. I'm looking forward to having this Partridge in my flock and the "honorary" one too. :)

Last edited:
Keep us posted if she is a she or if it's a he. My vote is pullet. If people said roo on you, I'm worried about mine, although she seems very hen-ish to me and the saddle feathers are rounded. Here's a picture of the so-called PR and the real Partridge Rock I got. They're the same size and the real PR is 3 weeks younger. I'm looking forward to having this Partridge in my flock and the "honorary" one too. :)

The one on the left looks a bit like a Partridge Penedesenca.

This is one of mine:

Ours could be sisters (or brothers!) Maybe they have a little Buckeye or RIR in with the PRock ???

Well - it will be interesting - as they sure don't come close to the one that ronotti1 posted .....

Red Man
5 months
I was doped by TSC on this ole boy he was bought as a bantam but he didnt turn out that way. He's turned into such a pretty bird I didn't care.

Back
Top Bottom