Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
You have to decide if you want super females or super males. those would be beneficial for male production if you double mated. Partridge have got to be double mated.

Yup that's what double mating is. You keep a female line and focus on pencilling and a male line to focus on striping.

I have a Partridge Rock pullet. In general are they good layers? Do you think she will begin laying in cold weather or should I not expect eggs till warmer weather? Thanks for any help.

I have partridge rock and silver penciled rocks both are very good layers. Not knowing what age they are I can't help you with if they will lay or not. Usually pullets will lay in the winter but might take longer than usual to start. I had one pullet that took a year because of when she would have come into lay was in the winter. You will just have to see.

I have partridge rock and silver penciled rocks both are very good layers.  Not knowing what age they are I can't help you with if they will lay or not.  Usually pullets will lay in the winter but might take longer than usual to start.  I had one pullet that took a year because of when she would have come into lay was in the winter.  You will just have to see.

Thank you!

Picked up a trio of what I believe to be partridge rock. Pretty chickens. I also got a pair of barred rock. They're babies all together will they be mixed? I will sesperate in the spring. For color integrity.

I have partridge rock and silver penciled rocks both are very good layers.  Not knowing what age they are I can't help you with if they will lay or not.  Usually pullets will lay in the winter but might take longer than usual to start.  I had one pullet that took a year because of when she would have come into lay was in the winter.  You will just have to see.

My girl laid her first egg today!!

Back
Top Bottom