Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
In my opinion that is a good roo.
big_smile.png
. He has that shape that I think of most when I think of the rocks. I have a friend that talked to a judge and he says their looking for a shape similar to an ole tea kettle. your oo fite this description prett closely. he is so stunning
ep.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Really?! He's an unexpected gem; was supposed to be a sexed pullet (you can go back a few pages in this thread to see his 'baby' photos). He's really well behaved and a good boy, and I think he's gorgeous, especially for a surprise roo! My only 'complaint' is that he has a big, brassy voice and he likes to start using it at 4am, which is hard on me because I have sleep problems. Still, I can't be mad because it's what he is programmed to do! We are going to try some sound dampening measures inside the coop since he doesn't like to come out till 7 (which is a perfectly okay time to hear him crow).
gig.gif

YAY !!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
. The incubator is running well, the eggs are collected, and have been set for the 21 day mark
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
. The third gen. is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, I have been waiting for this for a while now, so excited
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
. I set ten eggs so we'll see how things go. I'll keep ya'll posted.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh my goodness, he even "looks" sweet. I'm glad I found this thread. I have a PR, she is 5 and half months old..no eggs yet?
She has really turned into the Partridge look I was wanting. I will have to get photos later..fun to share. She is shy, but I am waiting for that egg, seems like they usually come around when they start laying. When I say they, I mean most any breed of pullet. So, hoping she will continue to come near me more often. She has started to walk along with me when I'm in the yard. Has anyone ever had one "start" to lay during the winter? I am hoping to get an egg by next month, she will be 6 months old in the first part of the month. I have many questions..one more...what color of an egg do they lay?
big_smile.png

I'm seeing some beautiful birds here!

Should be brown. My barred rocks lay between a medium brown and very pale cream egg (they are now 2.5yrs old and slowing down considerably).

I don't know how the weather is in Utah, but they might. I've heard pullets are less affected by the weather than hens are. I'm in South Carolina so I'm hoping for eggs in the next few weeks - they are 17 weeks and one of my Australorps is looking MIGHTY red. No squatting yet but my fingers are crossed for Christmas eggs!

My Meyer hatchery PRs also ended up with quite nice feathering overall, though I still plan to take some culls off someone's hands in the spring
wink.png

Ok, here are some pictures of Coco..she doesn't like to stand still..I am posting a few pictures, then maybe you can give me an idea if she is close to laying..her comb is in the sun in the first one, but in some you can see how red it is.
010-4.jpg

011-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

002-8.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some pics of my gang.. just put them on the Plymouth Rock thread but figured I'd stick them here too. Would love any input on color/type/etc. Wish the boys were a little darker in the hackles. But overall I'm pleased.. especially with the girls!!

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Back
Top Bottom